Teichert Foundation Grant
Teichert FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $3,000 - US $7,500
Next deadline: Feb 28, 2020
Later deadlines: Aug 28, 2020
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in California: Alameda County, Alpine County, Amador County, Calaveras County, Colusa County, Contra Costa County, El Dorado County, Fresno County, Madera County, Mariposa County, Merced County, Mono County, Monterey County, Nevada County, Placer County, Sacramento County, San Benito County, San Francisco County, San Joaquin County, San Mateo County, Santa Clara County, Solano County, Stanislaus County, Sutter County, Tulare County, Tuolumne County, Yolo County, Yuba County, Washoe County, Nevada Show all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
We are a construction company operating in California since 1887. Over the years, Teichert has grown into a diverse mix of businesses, most notably Teichert Construction and Teichert Materials. With our commitment to our family of employees, high quality of work, strong customer satisfaction, and giving back to the community, Teichert will continue to flourish in the 21st century and beyond.
Teichert Foundation expresses the company’s commitment to build and preserve a healthy and prosperous region.
We make grants to organizations that create beauty, foster culture, nurture children, provide access to food and housing for those in need, preserve nature, increase awareness of our environment, build an educated citizenry and a well-prepared workforce, and strive to provide better health for all.
Teichert Foundation will consider grant requests in the following categories:
- Culture and the arts
- Youth and elderly
- Environmental planning and preservation
- Transportation and planning
- Civic improvement and historical restoration
- Community and social services
- Rehabilitation and health service
The Foundation directors may also, from time to time, identify areas for special emphasis when emerging needs require extraordinary attention.
While deciding how much to grant to whom, the Foundation will give careful consideration to:
- The number of people that will benefit from the project
- The number of local volunteers supporting the organization and the project
- The commitment and composition of the organization’s Board of Directors or Board of Trustees
- The extent to which the applicant complements the services of other community organizations
- The organization’s fiscal responsibility and management qualifications
- The ability of the organization to provide ongoing funding after the term of the grant
- The extent to which the program addresses underlying causes, rather than just symptoms of specific problems; and
- How well the organization plans to monitor and evaluate the results of the project
Grant requests for specific purposes are usually preferable to those for normal operating expenses.
Grants are generally made for one year only.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The geographic reach of the Foundation coincides generally with the areas in which Teichert Construction and Teichert Aggregates do business. To be eligible for funding, an agency and program must both be within the geographic scope of interest, though it is not required that the particular program seeking support be in the same county as the main agency office. This means that we unfortunately do not fund programs originating from an out-of-area agency, even if those programs take place in a local area. Currently, agencies in the following counties are eligible to apply for Teichert Foundation grants:
- Contra Costa
- El Dorado
- San Benito
- San Francisco
- San Joaquin
- San Mateo
- Santa Clara
- Nonprofit organizations must have a valid tax exemption status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and be classified as a public charity and not as a “Private foundation” under Section 509(a).
- Government and public agencies are also eligible for funding.
- Teichert Foundation will not consider grants to the following types of organizations or for the following purposes:
- Religious organizations for explicit religious activities, as distinguished from social or educational activities
- Political organizations or political campaigns
- Fraternal organizations, societies, or orders
- Courtesy advertising or tickets for benefits
- Telephone solicitations
- National fundraising efforts
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Teichert Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.