Texas Farm and Ranch Lands Conservation Program (TFRLCP)
Texas Parks and Wildlife Department
Grant amount: US $75,000 - US $400,000
Next anticipated deadline: Mar 15, 2019 3:00pm PDT
Later anticipated deadlines: Mar 15, 2021 3:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Organizations
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Texas
Location of residency: TexasView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Texas Farm and Ranch Lands Conservation Program (TFRLCP) complements Texas Parks and Wildlife Department's (TPWD's) mission to conserve natural resources by protecting working lands from fragmentation and development. TFRLCP maintains and enhances the ecological and agricultural productivity of these lands through Agricultural Conservation Easements.
The TFRLCP supports responsible stewardship and conservation of working lands, water, fish and wildlife, and agricultural production through:
- Generating interest and awareness in easement programs and other options for conserving working lands.
- Leveraging available monies to fund as many high-quality projects as possible.
- Highlighting the ecological and economic value of working lands and the opportunities to conserve working lands for the future.
Only projects that are on working lands (in general, lands that are under special ad valorem tax valuation for farming, ranching, timber production or wildlife), and propose to
- conserve water or protect water quality,
- conserve native wildlife species through protection of their habitat,
- conserve rare or sensitive species,
- demonstrably contribute to preservation of a landscape of conservation lands, or
- protect productive open-space land threatened by fragmentation or development
may receive funding from the Program.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Council will not consider any applications that are administratively incomplete.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Texas Farm and Ranch Lands Conservation Program (TFRLCP) by joining Instrumentl.