Texas Longleaf Conservation Assistance Program
Texas A&M Forest ServiceSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Organizations
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Texas: Hardin County, Jasper County, Newton County, Polk County, Tyler County
Location of residency: TexasView website Save
The Texas Longleaf Conservation Assistance Program provides both financial and technical assistance to eligible landowners for the establishment and management of Longleaf Pine. Historically, Longleaf Pine covered much of the Southeast including Southeast Texas.
However, as the country began moving west, many of those acres were lost. Today, many groups are working together to restore Longleaf Pine to its historical range while also managing existing areas of Longleaf Pine.
The Texas Longleaf Implementation Team, a multi organization group including federal, state, private and NGO partners, through funds provided by the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation, is working with landowners to increase and manage Longleaf acres in Texas.
Eligible program participants can receive financial and technical assistance to establish or enhance Longleaf Pine through implementing conservation practices such as prescribed burning, site preparation, reforestation, and forest stand improvement. Payments are made to participants after conservation practices and activities identified in an approved forest management plan are implemented.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Landowners with property located within the Big Thicket Significant Geographical Area (see map) are eligible to apply.
- Eligible land includes pastureland, forestland, and other farm and ranch lands.
- Approved participants may receive up to 50% payment not to exceed a standard cap rate for implementing approved conservation practices.
- Applicants must:
- Control or own eligible land
- Already possess or develop a written forest management plan
- Comply with all Texas Forestry Best Management Practices
- Agree to all program restrictions and requirements
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Texas Longleaf Conservation Assistance Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.