Textron Charitable Trust Grants
Textron Charitable TrustSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Rhode Island
Location of residency: Rhode IslandView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Textron Charitable Trust is a private, nonprofit foundation sponsored by Textron Inc. The Trust provides philanthropic support for nonprofit agencies that focus on workforce development, education, arts and culture, community revitalization, and heath and human service programs where Textron has a business presence.
Textron is committed to responsible corporate citizenship and helping improve the quality of life in communities where our employees live and work. The Textron Charitable Trust provides philanthropic support for nonprofit agencies that align with our giving focus and involve the volunteer efforts of our employees.
To make the most effective use of Textron resources, we focus our philanthropic giving in the following areas:
Workforce Development and Education
Textron is committed to helping prepare both adults and young people to achieve gainful employment and ultimately, success in the workplace. We support education programs from middle school to higher education and a variety of innovative job training programs for people of all ages and socio-economic backgrounds.
Specifically, in this area we focus on:
- Job Training and Employment Development - including school-to-work and welfare-to-work programs, job training for underserved audiences, literacy and ESL (English as a Second Language) programs
- Enrichment and Mentoring Programs for Youth - such as quality after-school programs and youth development programs
- College/University Support - including scholarships and internships for women and minorities (with emphasis on technology, manufacturing and engineering)
Healthy Families/Vibrant Communities
An important complement to educational opportunities is the support of arts and culture, community revitalization and health and human service programs. This area allows Textron to fund a variety of programs, initiatives and organizations that are important to the quality of life in the communities where we have a business presence.
Specifically, we focus on:
- Arts and Culture - with emphasis on outreach programs that enhance learning and target low and moderate income individuals
- Community Revitalization - such as affordable housing and economic development in low-income areas
- Health and Human Service Organizations - such as food pantries, homeless shelters, health education and services for low-income residents
Responsible corporate citizenship also means both volunteerism at and sponsorship of worthwhile events that benefit the communities where our employees live and work.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Must be a U.S. based IRS qualified charitable or educational 501 (c) (3) organization or an accredited K-12 educational institution.
- Textron Charitable Trust does not award grants for any of the following:
- Organizations that discriminate based on race, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, or national origin
- Churches, seminaries or other related religious organizations when the contribution would support religious activities
- Political candidates, political causes and organizations representing fraternal or self-segregated populations
- Athletic teams and events, sports organizations, bands, social clubs, veteran organizations, volunteer firefighters or similar groups
- Walks, runs, and golf tournaments
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Textron Charitable Trust Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.