The Alice McCosh Trust Grants
Alice McCosh Trust
Grant amount: £600 - £1,000
Anticipated deadline: Nov 30, 2018
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research
Location of project: Preferred: Turkey, United Kingdom Other eligible locations: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Alice McCosh Trust was set up in memory of Alice McCosh (née Alice Carswell), (1966 – 2001). Throughout Alice’s life she was passionate about natural history and the environment. She lived and travelled across many parts of the world, and studied and worked in these fields. We have established the Trust in order to perpetuate Alice's name and her lifetime's work.
The objective of the Alice McCosh Trust is to advance education by providing or assisting with grants for work or study related to natural history and/or the environment. In this way we hope to provide other young people with the opportunity to do the sorts of things that Alice loved.
It is anticipated that the Trustees will award a grant in the region of £600 to £1000. The grant could, for example, cover the cost of a school field trip or project, an expedition as part of a research project or the development of new teaching materials for schools or institutes of higher education.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- People of any age undertaking work or study related to natural history and/or the environment may apply.
- Applicants must begin their work within 12 months of receiving the award.
- Applicants can be any nationality (but see Preferences).
- Preference will be given to individuals from (or work relating to) Scotland, England, and Turkey.
- Projects involving joining an existing commercial organization on a prepaid tour or expedition will not be considered.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Alice McCosh Trust Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.