Plant Biology Learning Objectives, Outreach Materials & Education Grant
American Society of Plant Biologists
Grant amount: Up to US $50,000
Anticipated deadline: Apr 2, 2018 8:59pm PDT
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Plant BLOOME is open to ASPB members with education and outreach projects that advance youth, student, and general public knowledge and appreciation of plant biology. These projects should strive to promote and explain varying facets of the:
- Importance of plants for the sustainable production of medicine, food, fibers, and fuels
- Critical role plants play in sustaining functional ecosystems in changing environments
- Latest developments in plant biotechnologies, including genetic modifications that improve the quality and disease- and stress-resistance of crops
- Discoveries made in plants that have led to improved human health and wellbeing
- Range of careers related to plant biology or available to plant biologists
Priority will be given to education and outreach projects with goals that include, but are not limited to the development, implementation, wide dissemination and evaluation of:
- Innovative instructional materials or strategies in K-12 or undergraduate settings, science centers and museums, after-school science clubs, etc.
- Professional development about plant biology for educators (e.g., teachers, museum educators, 4-H agents)
- Professional development about education and outreach for plant biologists and plant biologists in training
- Educational exhibits or displays in science museums, science centers, libraries, and other public venues
- Multimedia educational resources such as radio or video pieces, websites, applications for electronic devices ('apps'), and animations
- Education and outreach collaborations between plant biologists and educators
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Proposals are encouraged from ASPB members from both within and outside the United States and projects may serve communities in any country.
- Although projects may be implemented with a small audience for initial development and pilot
testing, ASPB expects that project products and results will impact a broader audience and
generally reach beyond a single institution
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. The Primary Investigator (PI) must be a current ASPB member.
Proposals that leverage the Society’s funds with support from other sources are encouraged, particularly for proposals requesting a full $50,000 budget.
Plant BLOOME does NOT support lab or field plant science research projects.
No funds may be requested for endowments or granting programs.
- No indirect costs (overhead) will be covered by the grant awards.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Plant Biology Learning Objectives, Outreach Materials & Education Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.