The Audacious Project
Predicted deadline: Feb 17, 2024
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: All fields of work
Applicant type: Organizations
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
The Audacious Project is a collaborative funding initiative catalyzing social impact on a grand scale. Every year we select and nurture a group of big, bold solutions to the world’s most urgent challenges, and with the support of an inspiring group of donors and supporters, come together to get them launched.
Housed at TED, the nonprofit with a long track record of surfacing ideas worth spreading, and with support from leading social impact advisor The Bridgespan Group, the funding collective is comprised of several respected organizations and individuals in philanthropy.
Our goal is to match bold ideas with catalytic resources.
We encourage the world’s inspirational changemakers to dream bigger than ever before.
Help shape their best ideas into viable multi-year plans.
Present those solutions in a compelling way to potential supporters.
Every year, The Audacious Project works with proven change-makers to surface their best, boldest ideas for tackling global problems.
Sourcing & review
Projects are sourced from public applications and a global network of partners and donors. They are narrowed down to a group of finalists whose ideas are representative of a broad range of geographies and issue areas while elevating leaders with proximity to the communities they serve.
Idea shaping & investment support
Each finalist project goes through a rigorous ideation, due diligence, and investment support process, to ensure their proposal is achievable and compelling.
Funding & launch
Finalist projects are presented privately to groups of donors and are then publicly unveiled at TED. Funded projects then pursue their plans and share regular updates on key milestones reached with donors and the public.
Is Your Idea Audacious?
Are you a changemaker with a bold vision?
Are you a non-profit with an experienced team equipped to receive large scale philanthropic support?
Is your idea a proven concept that aspires to create a better world?
We look for ideas that cover a wide range of issues, from global health and climate change, to social justice and education.
Please refer to FAQ for additional guidelines.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Individuals, ages 18 and up, may apply on behalf of themselves, a nonprofit, NGO, institution or collaboration between multiple entities.
- What Makes an Audacious Idea? The Audacious Project is an invitation to dream bigger than you ever dared. No idea is too big or too ambitious — we're looking for ideas that can and must change the world. We believe that the most powerful ideas both inspire and convince.
- Ideas that inspire:
- Capture a bold, breakthrough vision that promises significant, enduring impact on a meaningful and urgent topic facing our world
- Present a solution that challenges “business as usual” or changes the narrative in a provocative or surprising way
- Are designed and led by brave and visionary leader(s) with proximate and relevant experience and who bring a distinct voice to our global community
- Tap into fundamental human emotions like wonder, curiosity, outrage and joy
- Ideas that convince:
- Show evidence that the idea will have impact, including a track record of past success and confidence that results can be sustained in the future
- Convey a believable pathway to scale or to a breakthrough discovery, with demand for the solution from those most affected and clarity about the resources required to get there
- Are managed by a capable and confident team, ready to deliver on an ambitious plan amidst dynamic conditions
- Have a clear understanding of potential risks and unintended consequences — and have plans for how to mitigate them
- Are housed at a nonprofit, NGO or institution (or collaboration between them) that can receive philanthropic funds and has the core infrastructure necessary to support the work. (Note: Past projects have had an annual operating budget of $1 million USD or more.)
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“Through Instrumentl, I was able to accomplish in 6 hours...SIX HOURS...what would have taken days or weeks with [another] search engine.”