Blowitz-Ridgeway Foundation Grant
Blowitz-Ridgeway FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $10,000 - US $30,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Research, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Illinois: Cook County, DuPage County, Kane County, Lake County, McHenry County, Will County Show all
Location of residency: Counties in Illinois: Cook County, DuPage County, Kane County, Lake County, McHenry County, Will County Show allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Blowitz-Ridgeway Foundation was founded in 1984 with the proceeds of the sale of Chicago’s Ridgeway Hospital, a nonprofit psychiatric facility focusing on low-income adolescents. One of its primary funding areas is the support of nonprofit agencies which provide medical and psychological services to economically disadvantaged children and adolescents. Since then, the Foundation has expanded its mission to support nonprofit agencies that provide vital comprehensive health care and social services to the economically disadvantaged of all ages. As of September 30, 2017, it has provided $35.4 million in grants and program-related investments to a variety of health care and social service agencies, as well as scholarship funds and medical research awards.
The Blowitz-Ridgeway Foundation’s funding focus is to:
- Improve the health of the uninsured, underinsured and low-income metropolitan Chicago residents and the community through increased access to community-based preventive and primary health services, such as medical, dental, vision, mental health, and case management; and
- Support housing programs and services that provide access to prevention, intervention, follow-up, supportive services, and employment training for individuals and families who are homeless or at-risk of being homeless.
Grant Amount Range
The Foundation’s typical grants are between $10,000-$15,000. Grant awards will generally not exceed $30,000.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants will be made to organizations in the City of Chicago and the six collar counties (Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake, McHenry, and Will).
- The Blowitz-Ridgeway Foundation awards grants only to charitable organizations that are exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and are classified as public charities under Sections 509(a)(1) or 509(a)(2).
- Blowitz-Ridgeway Foundation will consider funding program and general operating support, and limited capital requests.
- Blowitz-Ridgeway Foundation’s funding focus/priority is on programs that increase access to care and provide direct services that improve conditions for low-income, underserved communities in the six-county metropolitan Chicago area. Federal guidelines define lower income people as making 50% of the median income or less and moderate income people as making between 50% and 80% of the median income.
- Blowitz-Ridgeway Foundation supports programs that have measurable goals and outcomes.
- Blowitz-Ridgeway Foundation does not fund 509(a) (3) Type III Non-Functionally Integrated Supporting Organizations.
- If your Organization is a 509(a)(3) supporting organization, you must have your lawyer or accountant verify your tax status.
- Blowitz-Ridgeway Foundation does not fund organizations that do not have a 501(c)(3) tax status. We do not accept fiscal agent letters.
- Blowitz-Ridgeway Foundation does not fund organizations that do not file the IRS 990 Federal Tax Form. We do not accept the Form 990-N or 990-T.
- Blowitz-Ridgeway Foundation does not fund organizations outside the six-collar counties of Chicago.
- Blowitz-Ridgeway Foundation does not fund Food Pantries that solely provide food distribution no longer fit under the Foundation’s grant guidelines.
- Blowitz-Ridgeway Foundation does not consider more than one proposal from any one organization during the one year grant period.
- Blowitz-Ridgeway Foundation does not fund multi-year requests.
- Blowitz-Ridgeway Foundation does not fund research grants.
- Blowitz-Ridgeway Foundation does not fund requests for the production or writing of audio-visual materials.
- Blowitz-Ridgeway Foundation does not fund projects that promote or proselytize any religion. While we do fund the projects of faith-based organizations, those projects must be secular in nature.
- Blowitz-Ridgeway Foundation does not fund organizations that discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any veteran’s status.
- Blowitz-Ridgeway Foundation does not fund individuals, scholarships, fundraising events, advertising, political activities/lobbying, and endowments.
- Blowitz-Ridgeway Foundation does not fund government agencies.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Blowitz-Ridgeway Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.