The Branco Weiss Fellowship
Society in Science
Grant amount: Up to Fr.100,000
Anticipated deadline: Jan 15, 2019 9:59pm PST
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Conference, Research, Fellowship, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Switzerland
Location of residency: Switzerland
Age restriction: No more than 34 years of age
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within 5 years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Branco Weiss Fellowship is a unique postdoc program. It awards young researchers around the world with a generous personal research grant, giving them the freedom to work on whatever topic they choose anywhere in the world, for up to five years.
This research fellowship is designed to support postdoctoral researchers after their PhD and before their first faculty appointment. Ideally, fellows pursue unconventional projects in new areas of science, engineering and social sciences.
The ideal applicant has the competencies to design a surprisingly novel and scientifically rigorous research project which blazes new trails, profiting from the freedom uniquely offered by the fellowship.
Society in Science fellows can expect financial support for up to five years as well as the opportunity to work at any academic institution of their choice throughout the world. The fellows belong to a diverse, dedicated and intellectually stimulating group. They meet at least once a year to present and discuss their research projects to scientific and public audiences.
The amount granted is CHF 100'000/year. It may be used to cover all legitimate cost of research (i.e. salary and/or equipment, travel cost, consumables, personnel etc.).
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- You are eligible if:
- You officially hold a PhD on January 15 of the year for which you are applying
- Your project departs from the mainstream of research in your discipline
- You have a record of outstanding scientific achievement
- You demonstrate in the proposal a willingness to engage in a dialogue on relevant social, cultural, political or economic issues across the frontiers of your particular discipline
- Please do not be disheartened if you have applied before and were not selected, you are welcome to apply again.
- Your application will not be forwarded for evaluation if:
- You have not officially completed a PhD by January 15 of the application year.
- Your PhD was awarded more than five years ago, as of January 15 of the application year.
- You already hold or have held a faculty or faculty-equivalent position (e.g. assistant professor, lecturer)
- You were born before January 1, 1983
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Branco Weiss Fellowship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.