The Cave Science and Technology Research Fund (CSTRF) Grant
The British Cave Research Association
Grant amount: £200 - £2,000
Next anticipated deadline: Dec 1, 2018
Later anticipated deadlines: Apr 1, 2019, Aug 1, 2019
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: United Kingdom
Location of residency: United KingdomView website Save Need help writing this grant?
- To encourage research activity by cavers including those who may have no (or limited) support from research establishments - you don't have to be an expert, but it helps if you discuss your ideas with one. We might be able to help in providing you with a contact.
- To stimulate new research which could contribute significantly to any aspect of caving - i.e. beyond the traditional archaeological, earth and life sciences and into the technologies.
- To support research that is unusual, particularly innovative, or likely to be of great interest or benefit to cavers.
- To assist in the purchase of consumable items or scientific equipment without which it would be impossible to carry out or complete a research project.
- To provide a contribution to funds for travel in association with fieldwork, or to visit laboratories that can provide essential facilities.
- To provide financial support for the preparation of scientific reports and presentations.
- To raise interest in caves and to further our understanding of them and the technologies employed to enter and explore them.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The principal investigator(s) must be individual members of BCRA at the time of the application, and must remain so during the period of the award.
- Travel specifically associated with the project (e.g. UK fieldwork, visits to laboratories with essential facilities etc.) is eligible for funding.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. You must be an individual member of BCRA. This means that you must hold Individual Membership of BCA, and have paid the supplement to join BCRA. Your BCA membership card will state “includes BCRA”.
- Ineligible expenses are:
- Salaries, tuition fees and similar remuneration of the applicants, their teams and assistants.
- Attendance at conferences, and associated travelling expenses.
- Travel to or from the applicant’s usual/local caving area, and expedition travelling expensed.
or maintenance of personal caving
equipment, clothing or vehicles.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Cave Science and Technology Research Fund (CSTRF) Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.