City of Columbus And Franklin County Community Gardens Grant
The Columbus FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $2,000
Deadline: Feb 22, 2019 8:59pm PST
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Franklin County, Ohio
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Recognizing the many benefits of community gardens, the City of Columbus and Franklin County have partnered with The Columbus Foundation to support existing gardens and encourage the creation of new ones. A community garden is any piece of land gardened by a group of people for the betterment of the community.
It can be urban, suburban, or rural. It can grow vegetables, fruits, herbs, or flowers. It can be one community plot, or many individual plots. Produce can be grown in containers, raised beds, or on a vacant piece of land. It can be at a school, church, hospital, or in a neighborhood. It can also be a series of plots dedicated to “urban agriculture” where the produce is grown for a market.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applications must be from a Registered Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code organization, an Area Commission, a government agency, or have a fiscal sponsor.
- A fiscal sponsor may be a registered 501(c)(3) organization or government agency that has agreed to manage a project’s awarded grant dollars.
- The garden must be located within the City of Columbus or qualifying areas of Franklin County.
- To determine whether or not your project is located in a qualifying area, please reference the eligible areas map.
- Grant awards will be made for supplies and/or contractual services.
- Ongoing operational or personnel costs are not allowable expenses.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the City of Columbus And Franklin County Community Gardens Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.