The Community Impact Fund Grant
The Community Foundation (TCF) Serving Riverside & San Bernardino CountiesSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Apr 1, 2020 5:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Counties in California: Riverside County, San Bernardino County
Location of residency: Preferred: Counties in California: Riverside County, San Bernardino County Other eligible locations: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Mission of The Community Foundation
The Community Foundation’s mission is “Strengthening Inland Southern California through Philanthropy.” The Foundation does this by raising, stewarding and distributing community assets by providing grants to nonprofit organizations, and working toward a shared vision of a vibrant, generous and just region — with unlimited opportunities. The Foundation focuses on building its endowment to ensure that The Community Foundation is Here for Good.
Community Impact Fund Capacity Building Initiative
The Community Impact Fund comprises the Foundation’s unrestricted grantmaking. The Foundation responds to requests for support across a wide-range of organizational capacity building needs and welcomes proposals through this competitive grant process. Capacity building support is intended to enable an organization to carry out its mission by strengthening organizational capacity, effectiveness, an sustainability. Capacity building funds provide an opportunity for nonprofits to reflect, learn, and take action in developing short and/or long-term, sustainable solutions to challenges they face in addressing critical community needs.
Definition of Capacity Building
For the purposes of this funding initiative through The Community Foundation’s Community Impact Fund, capacity building is considered to be activities that strengthen the performance of a nonprofit organization to better meet its mission and purpose.
Menu of Capacity Building Activities
- Training/Workshops such as: Board of Governance, Fund Development, Leadership, Advocacy, Logic Models, Finance/Budgets, Evaluation, Marketing, Technology, Social Media, Branding, HR, etc.
- Organizational Assessments
- Strategic Partnering
- Technical Assistance
- Succession Planning
- Strategic Planning
- Program or Service Delivery Efficiency
- Provide funding that allows an organization to maximize resources and efficiency to build sustaining organizational impact administratively and programmatically.
- Enhance effective community impact through the development of strong, efficient, and sustainable nonprofits.
- Promote values of organizational responsibility and self-sufficiency
One-Year Responsive Grants
Grants are available to support efforts that enable an organization to effectively carry out its mission by strengthening organizational capacity, infrastructure, and sustainability. The maximum request is $10,000. Requests over $10,000 will be disqualified. The maximum grant award is $10,000. The Board of Directors is not inclined to provide funding to the same agency for the same project request for more than one year.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Nonprofit, public benefit organizations with evidence of tax-exempt status under Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code and not classified as a private foundation.
- Nonprofit organizations that can document on-going operations in Riverside and/or San Bernardino Counties and have nonprofit status per above for at least three years.
- Previous grantees must be in good standing; all reporting requirements must be current.
- One-Year Responsive Grant Applicants: Nonprofit organizations must have an operating budget of less than $1million.
- Funding Priorities: Organizations that:
- Demonstrate a commitment to building organizational capacity.
- Are located in Riverside County or San Bernardino County and serve primarily the residents of Riverside and/or San Bernardino Counties.
- Have a proven ability to carry out programs consistent with its mission and a history of successful overall operations, including financial viability.
- Collaborate or partner with other non-profit entities resulting in greater community impact and positive outcomes that improve, enhance, and enrich the quality of life in the two-county area.
- Demonstrate strong, community-based boards and sound financial practices.
- Have developed short and long-term strategies for addressing identified organizational needs based on board and staff assessments, strategic planning.
- Show potential for making a measurable difference in how the organization is governed, managed, financed, or operated in the future.
- Clearly demonstrates how a capacity building grant could have measurable impact on organizational and programmatic capacity.
- Are perceived as a high need based on organizational assessments.
- Enhance collaboration and/or make the delivery of services more effective and efficient.
- These types of expenses are not eligible for funding:
- retroactive funding for costs already incurred
- endowment, capital or annual fund appeals
- capital projects (construction of buildings)
- paying off deficits or existing obligations
- direct support of individuals
- school/college-based extracurricular activities
- research or development activities
- partisan activities
- event sponsorships
- re-granting purposes
- The Community Foundation will not fund:
- Fundraising Events
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Government entities for basic services
- Projects that discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender expression, or any veteran status.
- Activities that occurred prior to the beginning date of the grant.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Community Impact Fund Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.