Munson Foundation Grant - South Florida & Alabama
Curtis and Edith Munson FoundationSuggest an update
Next deadline: Sep 11, 2020 (Letter of inquiry)
Later deadlines: Oct 16, 2020 (Full proposal), Apr 10, 2021 (Letter of inquiry), May 14, 2021 (Full proposal)
Grant amount: US $10,000 - US $50,000
Fields of work: Environment Environmental Conservation Natural Resources Ecology
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Research, Project / Program
Location of project: Alabama, Counties in Florida: Broward County, Charlotte County, Collier County, Glades County, Hendry County, Highlands County, Lee County, Martin County, Miami-Dade County, Monroe County, Okeechobee County, Palm Beach County, St. Lucie County Show all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
The Curtis and Edith Munson Foundation began making grants in 1987-88. Over the past two decades, we have emphasized partnerships, collaborations, and seed funding for new projects and organizations within the framework of our programs as defined by our guidelines and priority setting by our Board.
Our general focus is the conservation of natural resources in eastern North America and the Caribbean Basin, with an emphasis on the United States.
Major Program Areas - Site Specific
The Foundation has three Major Program Areas, the largest being Marine Resource Conservation/Fisheries. The two program areas below are for site specific grants:
- South Florida Ecosystems (Everglades, Biscayne Bay, Florida Bay, and Florida Keys)
- Alabama environmental issues
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Must be a nonprofit with 510(c)(3) status.
- Most grants are restricted and require 1:1 match (following receipt of the grant) and confirmation that 100% of your organization's Board of Directors are also financial donors.
- Site specific grants are limited to South Florida and Alabama
- No grants to individuals or endowment funds.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”