The Eppley Foundation for Research Grant
The Eppley Foundation for ResearchSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $20,000
Next deadline: Mar 15, 2020 (Letter of inquiry)
Later deadlines: Apr 15, 2020 (Full proposal), Sep 15, 2020 (Letter of inquiry), Oct 15, 2020 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Research Scientist Nonprofit Faculty Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United States
Degree requirements: Applicants must have a completed PhDView website Save
About this funder:
The Eppley Foundation for Research was incorporated in 1947 for the purpose of “increasing knowledge in pure or applied science…in chemistry, physics and biology through study, research and publication.”
Particular areas of interest include innovative medical investigations, climate change, whole ecosystem studies, as well as research on single species if they are of particular significance in their environments, in the U.S. and abroad.
It is important to the Foundation that the work proposed be novel in its insights and unlikely to be underway elsewhere. The Foundation is prepared to take risks.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Eppley Foundation supports advanced, novel, scientific research by PhDs or MDs with an established record of publication in their specialties.
- Candidates with newly awarded doctorates occasionally, but rarely, meet the Foundation’s requirements for advanced research.
- Any applicant to the Foundation must be associated with a nonprofit organization with headquarters or a branch office in the US to process the funds.
- Checks are not issued directly to individuals.
- Grants may be awarded for research in foreign countries but only when such applicants are US-based or associated with a US institution that will administer the grant on their behalf.
- The Foundation rarely considers proposals from foreign nationals studying in the US solely because they are therefore unable to qualify for federal funds.
- The Foundation does not support work in the social sciences, education or computer science, and only rarely funds research into diseases that have considerable financial support available, such as AIDS, diabetes, cancer and heart disease.
- The Foundation does not fund work that can qualify for funding from conventional sources such as the National Science Foundation or the National Institutes of Health, or similar agencies at the state level.
- The grant proposal may include requests for equipment, but the Foundation does not fund proposals that are primarily for equipment.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Eppley Foundation for Research Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.