The Finnis Scott Grant
Finnis Scott Foundation
Grant amount: £500 - £10,000
Next anticipated deadline: Sep 22, 2018
Later anticipated deadlines: Dec 15, 2018
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty Nonprofit Working Professional College / University Museum/Library/Zoo
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United KingdomView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About the Foundation
The Finnis Scott Foundation was established under the Will of Lady Montagu Douglas Scott (Valerie Finnis) in 2006.
The Trustees can make grants for any charitable purpose, but their present policy is to focus grant-making in the areas of:
- horticulture and plant sciences, as well as
- fine art and
- art history.
By doing so, they acknowledge the two enduring preoccupations – art collecting and gardening - of Sir David Montagu Douglas Scott, K.C.M.G., O.B.E., (1887-1986) and his wife, Valerie Finnis V.M.H. (1924-2006).
In general the Trustees will only usually consider grants of between £500 and £10,000, although, exceptionally, larger grants may be considered at the Trustees’ discretion. Preference is given to making grants to smaller charities where the grant would have a significant impact.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Foundation makes grants to both UK charities and individuals.
- However in the case of individuals, the Trustees will require a grant to be made through a sponsoring university or registered charity.
- The Foundation funds both capital and revenue projects.
- Preference is given to making grants to smaller charities where the grant would have a significant impact.
- Grants are not given for expenditure which has already been made.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Finnis Scott Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.