The Finnis Scott Grant
Finnis Scott FoundationSuggest an update
Next predicted deadline: Dec 13, 2020 8:00am PST
Later predicted deadlines: Mar 20, 2021 9:00am PDT, Jun 5, 2021 9:00am PDT, Sep 18, 2021
Grant amount: £500 - £10,000
Fields of work: Art Conservation Horticulture & Gardening Plant Science Fine Art
Applicant type: Individuals, Organizations
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United KingdomView website Save
About the Foundation
The Finnis Scott Foundation was established under the Will of Lady Montagu Douglas Scott (Valerie Finnis) in 2006.
The Trustees can make grants for any charitable purpose, but their present policy is to focus grant-making in the areas of:
- horticulture and plant sciences, as well as
- fine art and
- art history.
By doing so, they acknowledge the two enduring preoccupations – art collecting and gardening - of Sir David Montagu Douglas Scott, K.C.M.G., O.B.E., (1887-1986) and his wife, Valerie Finnis V.M.H. (1924-2006).
In general the Trustees will only usually consider grants of between £500 and £10,000, although, exceptionally, larger grants may be considered at the Trustees’ discretion. Preference is given to making grants to smaller charities where the grant would have a significant impact.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Foundation makes grants to both UK charities and individuals.
- However in the case of individuals, the Trustees will require a grant to be made through a sponsoring university or registered charity.
- The Foundation funds both capital and revenue projects.
- Preference is given to making grants to smaller charities where the grant would have a significant impact.
- Grants are not given for expenditure which has already been made.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”