The Fort Worth Zoo: Arthur A. Seeligson Jr. Conservation Fund Grant
Fort Worth Zoo
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Deadline: Jul 6, 2018
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity College / University Nonprofit Graduate Student Faculty Postdoctoral Researcher Working Professional
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Texas
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Fort Worth Zoo administers the Arthur A. Seeligson Jr. Conservation Fund (SCF). This fund supports the conservation of native Texas wildlife through grant awards that promote partnerships among scientists, educators, organizations and private landowners committed to conserving the biodiversity of Texas. To date, the SCF has awarded more than $68,000 to support wildlife conservation projects in Texas.
Research Mission Statement
The mission of the Fort Worth Zoo is to strengthen the bond between humans and the environment by promoting responsible stewardship of wildlife and ensuring diverse, high-quality educational and entertaining family experiences through effective and efficient management of its resources.
- Conservation research will focus on rare and endangered species, as well as the preservation of habitat and ecosystems and the development of scientific husbandry management practices.
- The Fort Worth Zoo will encourage and support the involvement of staff, universities, residents, interns and students in conservation research projects.
- Fort Worth Zoo staff will endeavor to conduct conservation research projects in cooperation with American Zoo and Aquarium Association (AZA) and international conservation organizations.
In order to ensure that research is in keeping with the Fort Worth Zoo's mission and is in conformity with high standards of humane care, all research projects at the Fort Worth Zoo must be approved by the Zoo’s Research Committee and where appropriate, the Zoo’s Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee prior to initiation. The timeline for the review process will vary, and may take up to four to six weeks to complete.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- In 2018, the SCF is seeking proposals that meet the following objectives:
- Projects that are collaborative; partners can include universities, governmental and non- governmental organizations, zoological institutions and private landowners
- Projects that directly contribute to the conservation of native Texas species and habitats
- Projects that are part of an established conservation program or are well-suited to become long-term conservation programs
- Projects that are conducted in Texas
- Additional requirements:
- Projects that require the principal investigator to obtain approval from their Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) must provide a copy of the authorization
- The principal investigator must provide a letter of support from each partnering institution and/or private landowner
- Private foundations or individuals must be partnered with a public charity to qualify for funding or a Code Section 501(c)(3) organization seeking to conduct a project must be classified as a public charity and not a private foundation
- Criteria that will be used to evaluate proposals:
- The project has multi-institutional participation and additional funding support; projects that build partnerships with private landowners are highly desired
- The project builds on previous work contributing to an established conservation program or is well-suited to become/contribute to a long-term conservation program
- The project is grounded in sound scientific methodology, is logistically feasible and has a high probability of success
- The project has conservation value and a measurable impact
- The project has a total award request of $5,000 or less
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Fort Worth Zoo: Arthur A. Seeligson Jr. Conservation Fund Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.