The Foundation for a Healthy Carolina
Foundation for the Carolinas
Grant amount: US $10,000 - US $50,000
Next anticipated deadline: Oct 27, 2018 9:00am PDT
Later anticipated deadlines: May 9, 2019 9:00am PDT
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity College / University Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in North Carolina: Anson County, Cabarrus County, Cleveland County, Davidson County, Gaston County, Iredell County, Lincoln County, Mecklenburg County, Richmond County, Rowan County, Stanly County, Union County, Counties in South Carolina: Cherokee County, Lancaster County, York County Expand all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Foundation for a Healthy Carolina provides grants for organizations in the greater Charlotte, North Carolina region that are aligned with its vision for improving health, human services and educational outcomes. The Board of Trustees supports its mission through its competitive grantmaking program.
The Foundation for a Healthy Carolina is an investor in the community and is interested in creating the highest possible levels of human and community gain. In that mode, grant requests are reviewed with the following questions in mind:
- What results are we buying?
- What are the chances we will get results?
- Is this the best possible use of money?
Result and Investment Areas
Healthcare grants will be directed toward:
- advancing equity and access of the community health needs of vulnerable populations
Programs may address physical and/or mental health initiatives and must serve clients such as the elderly, people in poverty, undocumented workers or others not able to access the care or services they need.
Education grants will be directed toward:
- higher education or workforce development efforts within the healthcare field;
- basic health education for the community;
- healthcare issues that impact educational outcomes.
Grant awards typically range between $10,000 and $50,000 with the average award approximately $25,000.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be considered for a grant, organizations must:
- Be classified as an eligible 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization of the Internal Revenue Code or a congregation, governmental or educational institution;
- however, if the organization conducting the project does not meet these criteria, a grant can be applied for under the fiscal sponsorship of an eligible organization.
- Additionally, organizations will typically:
- Serve residents in one of the following counties:
- Anson, Cabarrus, Cleveland, Davidson, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, Richmond, Rowan, Stanly or Union counties in North Carolina, and
- Cherokee, Lancaster or York counties in South Carolina.
- Areas Not Typically Funded
- Debt retirement/deficit funding or expenses incurred prior to grant award decisions
- Direct support of individuals (e.g. scholarships, hardship)
- Duplication of existing programs or services by new organizations
- Endowment funds
- Travel and conferences
- Publication of books
- Projects that are typically the funding responsibility of federal, state or local government
- Projects that promote political or religious views
- Political or lobbying activities
- Sponsorships for events or fundraising events
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Foundation for a Healthy Carolina by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.