The Garden Club of America and the Royal Horticultural Society Interchange Fellowships
Garden Club of AmericaSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £30,000
Next deadline: Jan 15, 2020
Later deadlines: Oct 1, 2020
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Fellowship
Location of project: United Kingdom, United States
Location of residency: United Kingdom, United States
Location of citizenship: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
To foster British-American relations through the interchange of scholars in horticulture, landscape architecture, and related fields and to promote the exchange of information in the horticultural field.
Financial sponsorship in the UK has been provided by various institutions, including the McLaren Family and the American Scholar was once known as the Martin McLaren Scholar. Now the fellowship is sponsored and administered by the Royal Horticultural Society, and the scholar is known as the Royal Horticultural Society Interchange Fellow.
The Interchange Fellowships are a reciprocal exchange program, sponsored by The Garden Club of America in the US and the Royal Horticultural Society in the UK. More than 100 students have participated in the Interchange Fellowship Program, and many have gone on to hold prominent positions in public garden management, horticulture, education, and landscape architecture. The opportunities available to the fellows are unique in the horticultural field, and the network of past Fellows is a lasting legacy.
- The Interchange Fellowship provides for a 10 month course of study in the United Kingdom.
- The RHS Interchange Fellowship reimburses up to 12,000 GBP for the costs of transportation, housing, food and personal expenses for one American student to spend ten months working and studying at leading horticultural centers or historic and botanic gardens in the UK, gaining valuable exposure to British horticultural techniques and developing contacts with the wealth of experience that the RHS has established with British horticulture.
- The GCA pays for a round trip ticket to the UK, for the visa applications, and provides additional $6,000 for personal expenses.
- The GCA Interchange Fellowship provides up to US$30,000 for a British recipient to attend a graduate program in horticulture, landscape architecture, or environmental studies at a US university for one academic year or for a one-year internship at Longwood Gardens in the US.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The RHS Interchange Fellowship is open to a single, unaccompanied American college graduate who has earned a BA or BS degree in horticulture, landscape architecture, or a related degree.
- Selected finalists are required to attend an interview at their own expense and will be notified of the time and place.
- The GCA Interchange Fellowship is open to a British university graduate with a degree in horticulture, landscape architecture, botany or environmental studies, or to a British student horticulturist with a recognized horticultural qualification.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Garden Club of America and the Royal Horticultural Society Interchange Fellowships by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.