Heredity Fieldwork Grant
Grant amount: Up to £1,500
Next deadline: Jul 1, 2018
Later deadlines: Oct 1, 2018, Jan 5, 2019, Apr 1, 2019
Applicant type: PhD Student
Funding uses: Conference, Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: United Kingdom
Location of residency: United KingdomView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Genetics Society was founded by William Bateson in 1919 and is one of the oldest "learned societies" devoted to Genetics in the world. Its membership of over 1700 consists of most of the UK's active professional geneticists, including teachers, researchers and students.
Grants of up to £1,500 are available to cover the travel and accommodation costs associated with the applicant pursuing a field-based genetic research project.
The research field should be one from which results would typically be suitable for publication in the Society's journal Heredity:
- population genetics (including human)
- functional genomics and proteomics
- biometrical and statistical genetics
- ecological and evolutionary genetics
- animal and plant breeding
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- A maximum of one Heredity Fieldwork grant per individual per two years will be awarded
- Only one application from any research group will be funded in any one year
- Grants can cover the travel and accommodation costs associated with pursuing a field-based genetic research project.
- Equipment necessary for carrying out fieldwork may be covered (within reason).
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. PhD students are eligible to apply for this grant as soon as they join the Genetics Society. Other applicants (i.e. PI's) must have been members of the Genetics Society for at least one year. The membership application process requires a Nominator who is a current full member of the Genetics Society. Approval of membership application is independent of Instrumentl's grant application and may take several days; leave ample time to complete this step.
- We can't cover the costs of salaries for those engaged in fieldwork, or to fund attendance at conferences.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Heredity Fieldwork Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.