The Genetics SocietySuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £2,350
Deadline: Mar 31, 2020 9:00am PDT
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save
Purpose: to support vacation research by undergraduate geneticists. Grants are available to provide financial support for undergraduate students interested in gaining research experience in any area of genetics by carrying out a research project over the long vacation, usually prior to their final year.
Applications must be made by Principal Investigators (PI) at Universities or Research Institutes. The application must be for a named student and is not transferable. The project should be realistic and achievable by a student in this time frame: attention should be paid to student training needs in the application. The award will be made to the host institution.
The studentship will consist of an award of £200 per week for up to 8 weeks to the student plus a grant of up to £750 to cover expenses incurred by the host laboratory.
The student must be able to attend a workshop that will take place in Edinburgh from 26-29th August 2019, providing an opportunity for all students to get together, discuss their findings, make new friends and start to develop their professional contact network.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Studentships will only be awarded to students who have yet to complete their first degree
- i.e. those who will still be undergraduates during the long vacation when the studentship is undertaken
- There are no restrictions concerning the nationality of the student, and the student does not have to attend a UK university.
- Both the PI and the student involved must be members of the Genetics Society.
- Travel within the UK to Edinburgh will be reimbursed.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Both the PI and the student involved must be members of the Genetics Society.
- Travel to the UK cannot be funded.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Summer Studentships by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.