The Genetics Society Training Grant
Genetics SocietySuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £1,000
Next deadline: Nov 15, 2019
Later deadlines: Feb 15, 2020, May 15, 2020, Jul 15, 2020
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Conference, Training / Capacity Building
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Genetics Society is a registered charity and was founded in 1919 as the world’s first society devoted to the study of the mechanisms of inheritance. It is also one of the world's oldest "learned societies". Famous founder members included William Bateson, Edith Rebecca Saunders, JBS Haldane and AW Sutton. Membership includes over 1900 of the UK's active professional genetics, including teachers, researchers and students and is open to anyone with an interest in genetic research or teaching, or in the practical breeding of plants and animals.
Purpose: to support attendance at short training courses.
Grants of up to £1,000 are available to enable members to go on short training courses in the area of Genetics research, e.g. those run by Edinburgh Genomics and Wellcome Genome Campus. In some cases, longer courses or visiting another laboratory for training may be allowed. Eligible expenses include travel, accommodation, subsistence and tuition fees.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- A maximum of one Training grant per individual per two years will be awarded.
- Only one application from any research group will be funded in any one year.
- Open to those with a UK base wishing to attend training courses outwith the UK and to non-UK-based students wishing to attend a training course in the UK.
- When a relevant course is available in the UK, a detailed explanation is required of why the applicant should be funded to attend a similar/the same course abroad.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Applicants (and their supervisors) must be members of the Genetics Society.
- We regret that we cannot consider applications from bases outside the UK for training course attendance outside the UK.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Genetics Society Training Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.