Women Techmakers Scholarship: United States & Canada
Grant amount: US $10,000
Anticipated deadline: Dec 5, 2020 11:59pm PST
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Canada, United States
Location of residency: Canada, United States
Gender restriction: FemaleView website Save
About this funder:
Through the Women Techmakers Scholars Program - formerly the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Program - Google is furthering Dr. Anita Borg’s vision of creating gender equality in the tech industry by encouraging women to excel as active participants and leaders in the field.
United States & Canada
Women Techmakers Scholars will each receive $10,000 USD (for students in the US) or $5,000 CAD (for students in Canada) for the 2020-2021 academic year. Scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate's impact on diversity, demonstrated leadership, and academic background. The program is open to students who meet all the minimum qualifications and we strongly encourage women to apply. All scholarship recipients will be invited to the annual Google Scholars Retreat in the summer of 2020 to connect with fellow scholars, network with Googlers, and participate in a number of development workshops.
Professional development and community outreach opportunities will continue to be offered after the retreat. As a Women Techmaker Scholar, you will join a global community of scholars, have access to a forum to share resources, support other women in tech, and collaborate on projects to make a continued impact in your community.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Have a high school degree or equivalent
- Currently be enrolled at an accredited university for the 2019-2020 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled or accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program at an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada for the 2020-2021 academic year
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical ﬁeld OR be studying video game programing, game engineering, game design and development, or a closely related field in gaming
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for increasing the involvement of women in technology (i.e. computer science or gaming)
- Unfortunately, past recipients of any Google scholarship, including the Women Techmakers Scholarship and the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship are not eligible to apply.
- Current Google employees are not eligible to apply for Google scholarships.
- Persons who are (1) residents of embargoed countries, (2) ordinarily resident in embargoed countries, or (3) otherwise prohibited by applicable export controls and sanctions programs may not apply for this scholarship.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Women Techmakers Scholarship: United States & Canada by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.