Women Techmakers Scholarship: United States & Canada
Grant amount: US $10,000
Deadline: Dec 6, 2018 11:59pm PST
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Canada, United States
Location of residency: Canada, United States
Gender restriction: FemaleView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Through the Women Techmakers Scholars Program - formerly the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Program - Google is furthering Dr. Anita Borg’s vision of creating gender equality in the field of computer science by encouraging women to excel in computing and technology and become active leaders and role models in the field.
A group of female undergraduate and graduate students will be chosen from the applicant pool, and scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate's academic background and demonstrated leadership and impact on community. All scholarship recipients will be invited to attend the annual Google Scholars' Retreat in Mountain View, California in 2017 to connect with fellow scholars, network with Googlers and participate in a number of development workshops.
Professional development and community outreach opportunities will continue to be offered after the retreat. As a Women Techmakers Scholar, you will join a global community of Scholars Program participants designed to provide a forum to share resources, support other women in tech and collaborate on projects to make continued impact.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Currently be enrolled at an accredited university for the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelors, Masters or PhD program at a university in the United States or Canada for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field.
- Demonstrate a strong academic record.
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for increasing the involvement of women in computer science.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Women Techmakers Scholarship: United States & Canada by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.