The Healthcare Foundation of NJ Grant (Requests greater than $25,000)
The Healthcare Foundation of New Jersey
Grant amount: More than US $25,000
Next deadline: Aug 31, 2018
Later deadlines: Mar 2, 2019, Jun 8, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in New Jersey: Essex County, Morris County, Union County
Location of residency: Counties in New Jersey: Essex County, Morris County, Union CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Healthcare Foundation of NJ Grant
The Healthcare Foundation of New Jersey is an independent, endowed grant-making organization dedicated to reducing disparities in the delivery of healthcare and improving access to quality healthcare for vulnerable populations in the greater Newark, NJ area and the Jewish community of MetroWest NJ.
The mission of the Healthcare Foundation of New Jersey is to improve the health and well-being of vulnerable, underserved populations in greater Newark and the Jewish Community of MetroWest NJ, elevate the quality of community healthcare, reduce disparities in access, and promote the infusion of compassion and humanism into our healthcare system.
The Foundation seeks to seed new initiatives, identify and expand existing healthcare programs, support appropriate clinical and medical research, promote medical education to positively impact its targeted communities, and engage in partnerships to foster its goals.
The Foundation will consider applications that fit HFNJ’s mission and address key physical and/or mental health and wellness issues in the Foundation’s priority areas:
- Vulnerable, underserved populations in the greater Newark, NJ community.
- At-risk individuals and families in the MetroWest Jewish community.
- Clinical research/medical education initiatives that significantly and directly impact the above-named populations.
- Promotion of ‘humanism in medicine’ in ways that directly impact patient care.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are made only to private, non-profit organizations that have tax exempt status under Section 501C3 of the Internal Revenue Service Code and that are not private foundations.
- The Foundation does not make grants to individuals or government agencies.
- The Foundation does not typically fund the following:
- Organizations outside of Essex, Morris, or Union County, NJ
- Programs not related to health care or wellness
- Applications for general operating support or planning grants
- Direct support of an individual’s healthcare needs
- Fundraising events or campaigns
- Advertising campaigns
- Indirect or overhead costs are not automatically funded and must be justified as part of the proposed budget. Decisions on indirect costs will be made on a case by case basis.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Healthcare Foundation of NJ Grant (Requests greater than $25,000) by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.