The Indianapolis Foundation Library Fund: Competitive Grants (Covid-19 Response)
The Indianapolis Foundation (a CICF affiliate)Suggest an update
Next deadline: Jun 30, 2020
Later deadlines: Mar 30, 2021
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Disaster Relief / Humanitarian Aid Library Services
Applicant type: Museum/Library/Zoo
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Marion County, Indiana
Location of residency: Marion County, IndianaView website Save
About this funder:
It has awarded more than $23.3 million since its inception to increase literacy, information literacy, and information access for Marion County residents. The Library Fund is a field-of-interest fund of The Indianapolis Foundation (a CICF affiliate).
Eligible libraries make use of the fund for innovative programs like these:
- IUPUI’s University Library and its Center for Service Learning are using a $30,594 grant to engage college students in family literacy programs for low-income and Hispanic residents on the Near Westside of Indianapolis.
- The Franklin branch library, as well as the high school libraries of Arsenal Tech, Beech Grove, Roncalli, and Southport, used small grants to test new programs encouraging youth to read.
- www.ilibrary.org, with an annual grant of more than $500,000, provides free access to print resources not otherwise available at any school or library building in Marion County, and to anyone who has a public library card in Marion County. Resources include newspaper, journal, and magazine articles; information from standard library reference sources; and collections of resources designed to enhance student learning and achievement.
The Indianapolis Foundation Library Fund will be accepting applications twice a year to support projects from libraries in Marion County. Priority consideration will be given to those libraries that are able to present a compelling case for support based on need, request support that is not a part of general operating budgets, and has predetermined desired outcomes explicitly stating how resources will impact the Marion County community, our residents and/or students. All high school libraries are encouraged to apply for a Media Center Enhancement Grant.
Library Fund Competitive Grants (Covid-19 Response)
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, The Indianapolis Foundation Library Fund seeks to support projects and services responding to the effects that the coronavirus will undoubtedly have on our schools, libraries, students, and their families. The Library Fund will open an additional grant round and accept new applications beginning June 1 until June 30.
The overarching intent of this application round is to ensure that Library Fund partner libraries have access to critical resources in preparation for re-opening classrooms and/or pivoting programming this fall/winter. Applications will be reviewed and determinations will be made by mid-September with disbursements by September 30, 2020.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Indianapolis Public Library; any high school library (public/private/charter) in Marion county; and academic libraries at IUPUI, Marian University, and University of Indianapolis
- We are preferencing applications that serve populations most impacted by the COVID-19 crisis.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”