Food Security Grant
The Innocent Foundation
Grant amount: Up to £90,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Afghanistan; Angola; Bangladesh; Benin; Botswana; Burkina Faso; Cambodia; Cameroon; Central African Republic; Chad; Congo; Côte D'Ivoire; Djibouti; Ethiopia; Gambia; Guatemala; Guinea; Guinea-Bissau; Haiti; India; Indonesia; Iraq; Kenya; Korea, Democratic People's Republic Of; Lao People's Democratic Republic; Lesotho; Liberia; Madagascar; Malawi; Mali; Mauritania; Mozambique; Myanmar; Namibia; Nepal; Niger; Nigeria; Pakistan; Rwanda; Sierra Leone; Sri Lanka; Swaziland; Tajikistan; Tanzania, United Republic of; Timor-Leste; Togo; Uganda; Yemen; Zambia; Zimbabwe Expand all
Location of residency: United KingdomView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Innocent Foundation
We give grants to charities working all over the world so that they can help the world's hungry.
Three-quarters of the world's poorest people rely on small plots of land to feed their hungry families and provide all income to live. That's why we direct our money towards sustainable agricultural projects to support these farming families to produce more food and increase their income while preserving the land for future generations.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Where You Work:
- You work in a country which has serious, alarming or extremely alarming levels of hunger according to the latest Global Hunger Index
- Who You Help:
- You are helping the poorest and most marginalised in society who are dependent on subsistence agriculture. You focus on those who are hungry or undernourished some or all of the time.
- Your Project:
- Your project focuses on sustainable agriculture activities (producing food whether plant or animal based, using farming techniques that protect the environment, public health, human communities and animal welfare), helping communities grow enough to feed and support themselves.
- You are looking for funding to start a project (e.g. testing an idea or working in a new context), not follow-on funding for an existing project.
- We want to give you the space to test your idea, refine it and prove it works.
- Amount of Funding:
- You can request up to £30,000 per year for 3 years (although we’ll probably start smaller than that if it’s the first time we’ve worked with you).
- While we aim to be the first funder for your project to help you get started, we would be delighted if this helps you unlock co-funding from other donors to make our grant go further.
- You should be able to demonstrate that your project provides a sustainable solution which will eventually work without external financial support.
- Your Organisation:
- You must be a UK registered charity with three years of accounts available for review.
- You will have a strong track record of delivering sustainable agriculture projects.
- We like working with smaller organisations with an annual turnover of less than £5 million, although we won’t automatically rule you out if you’re bigger.
- The purpose for which you are applying to us must be legally charitable and your constitution must allow you to carry out the work that you propose.
- We Don't Fund:
- Core costs alone, but are happy to include these as overheads pro-rated to the project
- Major capital costs like buildings or machinery
- Applications in the following areas: the promotion of religious or political causes, general appeals or circulars, individual sponsorship, events or conferences
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Food Security Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.