The John D. Grubb and Louise G. Sumner Fund for Monroe County Grant
East Tennessee Foundation
Next deadline: Oct 3, 2024
Later deadlines: Oct 3, 2026, Oct 3, 2028
Grant amount: US $2,500 - US $10,000
Fields of work: All fields of work
Applicant type: Nonprofit, Government Entity, Indigenous Group
Funding uses: Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Monroe County, Tennessee
Location of residency: Monroe County, Tennessee
The John D. Grubb and Louise G. Sumner Fund for Monroe County
An Affiliate Fund of East Tennessee Foundation
The John D. Grubb and Louise G. Sumner Fund for Monroe County (Fund for Monroe County) was established through a generous gift by Monroe County natives, John and his sister, Louise. Louise and John’s desire to help secure advanced educational opportunities for students and leave a philanthropic legacy dedicated to improving the lives of residents of Monroe County became a reality in 1998 with the establishment of a permanent charitable endowment for Monroe County. The Fund was created to benefit the economic, social, cultural and educational well-being of Monroe County residents and their communities. Grants from the Fund are intended to encourage creative use of area resources and contribute to the quality of life of Monroe County residents.
Grant Amounts and Term
Grants will be awarded in late November 2022 for two-year terms and will range from $2,500 to $10,000.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- General Eligibility and Funding Criteria
- Eligible organizations must have and be able to provide documentation to verify the following:
- Confirmation that the organization is a 501(c)(3) public charity, unit of government , or educational institution
- New or emerging groups that do not have nonprofit status may apply if they have an established nonprofit organization as a fiscal sponsor
- Employee Identification Number (EIN)
- Legal name of organization, address and contact information (phone fax, email address)
- Primary contact person and title
- List of staff administering the project
- Most recent financial statements and/or most recent audit and/or IRS Form 990
- Current year operating budget
- List of current board of directors or equivalent governing body
- Confirmation that the organization operates and is organized so as to not discriminate on the basis of race, color national origin, religion, gender, familial status, sexual orientation, age, disability, covered veteran status, or other characteristics as identified in the Foundation’s Non-Discrimination Policy Statement.
- Additional eligibility criteria specific to the Fund for Monroe County:
- Applicant organizations must have a local presence in Monroe County; directly serve people who live and work in Monroe County; and have Monroe County citizen involvement in the organization as volunteers, staff or board members.
- Salary or administrative support must not exceed 30% of the funding requested.
- Required: funds requested must have a 10% match. Match may be in cash, in-kind donations of goods and/or services, or a combination of both.
- Special consideration will be given to:
- Organizations that collaborate as they engage in projects that benefit Monroe County and its communities
- The following types of requests will NOT be funded:
- Grants to individuals.
- We are restricted by law and therefore unable to provide grants directly to individuals.
- Projects that have explicit religious content, express a particular religious view, or advance a religious purpose
- Debt retirement or budget deficits
- Endowment funds or general fundraising campaigns
- Capital improvements
- Affordable Housing Trust Fund Grant
- Arts Fund for East Tennessee
- Boyd Youth Education Fund Grant
- Economic Development Fund of East Tennessee
- Harry W. & Carolyn W. Galbraith Memorial Fund
- Jefferson Health Care Foundation Fund
- Johnson County Community Foundation Grant
- KiMe Fund Grant
- Literacy Endowment Fund
- Margaret M. and Harley H. Wachs Youth Leadership Fund Grant
- Mount Rest Fund Grant
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“Through Instrumentl, I was able to accomplish in 6 hours...SIX HOURS...what would have taken days or weeks with [another] search engine.”