The Leakey Foundation: Research Grants
The Leakey Foundation
Grant amount: US $3,000 - US $25,000
Next anticipated deadline: Jul 15, 2018
Later anticipated deadlines: Jan 10, 2019
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher PhD Student
Funding uses: Conference, Research
Location of project: California
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Leakey Foundation exclusively funds research related specifically to human origins. The majority of The Leakey Foundation’s Research Grants awarded to doctoral students are in the $3,000-$15,000 range. Larger grants given to senior scientists and post-doctoral students may be funded up to $25,000.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Advanced doctoral students and established scientists are eligible for Leakey Foundation Research Grants.
- For PhD candidates: advanced to candidacy (all but dissertation) before the deadline for application.
- There are no citizenship restrictions; however, all applications must be in English.
- Must be affiliated with an academic or research institution.
- Candidates must be fully compliant on all prior Leakey Foundation awards.
- Small grants cover research expenses directly related and essential to the project (i.e., travel, living expenses during fieldwork, supplies, research assistance, and other relevant expenditures).
- If the primary work of the project with which you are involved will be performed by a graduate student for whom you are the advisor, the project should be submitted under the graduate student’s name, and will be subject to the funding limitations for PhD Candidates.
- Priority of funding is commonly given to exploratory phases of promising new research projects that meet the stated purpose of the Foundation.
- Aid is not offered for salary and/or fringe benefits of applicant or senior project personnel, tuition, non-project personnel, child care, equipment, travel to meetings, institutional overhead, publication costs or institutional support.
- The purchase of expensive permanent equipment such as computers, cameras, video and recording equipment, vehicles, boats, etc. is not generally funded by the Leakey Foundation.
- Awards are not made to individuals.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Leakey Foundation: Research Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.