The Leakey Foundation: Research Grants
The Leakey FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $3,000 - US $25,000
Next anticipated deadline: Jan 10, 2020
Later anticipated deadlines: Jul 15, 2020
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher PhD Student
Funding uses: Conference, Research
Location of project: California
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Leakey Foundation exclusively funds research related specifically to human origins. The majority of The Leakey Foundation’s Research Grants awarded to doctoral students are in the $3,000-$15,000 range. Larger grants given to senior scientists and post-doctoral students may be funded up to $25,000.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Advanced doctoral students and established scientists are eligible for Leakey Foundation Research Grants.
- For PhD candidates: advanced to candidacy (all but dissertation) before the deadline for application.
- There are no citizenship restrictions; however, all applications must be in English.
- Must be affiliated with an academic or research institution.
- Candidates must be fully compliant on all prior Leakey Foundation awards.
- Small grants cover research expenses directly related and essential to the project (i.e., travel, living expenses during fieldwork, supplies, research assistance, and other relevant expenditures).
- If the primary work of the project with which you are involved will be performed by a graduate student for whom you are the advisor, the project should be submitted under the graduate student’s name, and will be subject to the funding limitations for PhD Candidates.
- Priority of funding is commonly given to exploratory phases of promising new research projects that meet the stated purpose of the Foundation.
- Aid is not offered for salary and/or fringe benefits of applicant or senior project personnel, tuition, non-project personnel, child care, equipment, travel to meetings, institutional overhead, publication costs or institutional support.
- The purchase of expensive permanent equipment such as computers, cameras, video and recording equipment, vehicles, boats, etc. is not generally funded by the Leakey Foundation.
- Awards are not made to individuals.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Leakey Foundation: Research Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.