The Loy McCandless Marks Scholarship in Tropical Horticulture
Garden Club of AmericaSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $5,000
Anticipated deadline: Feb 1, 2021
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Location of citizenship: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
The Loy McCandless Marks Scholarship Fund was established by the Elizabeth L. Marks Trust. Mrs. Marks was a Garden Club of Honolulu member from 1948 until the time of her death in 1996.
Her trust provided $50,000 “for the establishment of a scholarship fund, the income from which shall be awarded to well-qualified science majors specializing in tropical horticulture or landscape architecture to afford them the opportunity for one or two years of serious study at outstanding botanical institutions abroad."
This scholarship is a complementary award, intended to supplement a student's pursuit of a previously accepted program of study abroad. This scholarship is only awarded in even number years.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- For well-qualified U.S. undergraduates (above the freshman year) or graduate students from U.S. colleges and universities to assist in their study of tropical horticulture at an appropriate foreign institution.
- Applicants must be US citizens.
- This opportunity will be awarded upon verification that complete funding has been obtained for the study abroad.
- Travel must commence within 12 months of the award.
- A student may apply for only one GCA scholarship each year.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Loy McCandless Marks Scholarship in Tropical Horticulture by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.