The Miami Foundation: Miami-Dade Nonprofit Support Grants
The Miami FoundationSuggest an update
Deadline: Sep 30, 2020
Grant amount: Up to US $47,500
Fields of work: All fields of work
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Miami-Dade County, Florida
Location of residency: Miami-Dade County, FloridaView website Save
About this funder:
The Miami Foundation, in partnership with Miami-Dade County, through its Department of Public Housing and Community Development (PHCD), is offering one-time grants to nonprofits to help provide relief to organizations impacted by the Coronavirus (COVID-19). This $10 million in funding is made possible from federal Coronavirus Relief Funds and must be used to cover employee payroll, business interruption costs, reopening and other expenses related to COVID-19.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To qualify for a grant, applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- IRS 501(c)(3) organization, church (for non-inherently religious programs, services, or activities)1, or equivalent.
- Legally incorporated as a legal business entity in the State of Florida.
- Based in and providing services in Miami-Dade County since before January 1, 20192.
- 25 or fewer full-time employees (as of March 1, 2020).
- The following criteria would deem an organization as ineligible to apply for a grant:
- Educational facilities (such as a daycare/preschool or school).
- School support organization such as a parent-teacher association, booster club, or an auxiliary organization.
- Religious organizations with programs, in whole or in part, that are designated to promote religious or sectarian activities or to encourage the preference of a particular religion.