Mitsubishi Corporation Foundation for the Americas Grant
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Mar 31, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Americas
Location of residency: AmericasView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Note: Most grants are pursuant to proposals solicited by MCFA. Ideal timing for proposals is during the first quarter of the calendar year.
Founded in 1992, the mission of the Mitsubishi Corporation Foundation for the Americas (MCFA) s to promote environmental causes throughout the Americas in the broadest sense, which encompasses both the physical and social environments in which we live.
We support a wide range of projects in the following four categories:
- Biodiversity Conservation: We promote the conservation of biological diversity and natural resources by supporting research, the establishment of protected areas, and strategies for valuing the natural environment such as Payments for Ecosystem Services.
- Sustainable Development: We support sustainable development by means of local livelihood development for communities in environmentally sensitive areas, support for small and medium size enterprises in developing countries, and by promoting sustainable business practices.
- Environmental Justice: We promote environmental justice by supporting the rights of marginalized communities to live in a clean and safe environment and participate in decision-making that impacts their environment. This helps to ensure that the burdens of industrial development are not unfairly imposed on those communities that are the most vulnerable to negative environmental impacts.
- Environmental Education: We support environmental education programs that raise public awareness about the environment, and foster greater appreciation for the value and scarcity of natural resources, and the importance of environmental stewardship.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Mitsubishi Corporation Foundation for the Americas-supported programs are geographically limited to the Americas.
- It only makes direct grants and donations to 501(c) (3) non-profit organizations in the U.S. or their equivalents overseas
- The Foundation may give preference to programs where the corporation has a strong presence, or where there is an opportunity for employee volunteerism.
- MCFA does not make gifts for religious, political or lobbying purposes.
- MCFA does not support any organization that discriminates on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status or handicap.
- The Mitsubishi Corporation Foundation for the Americas does not provide financial support for individuals.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Mitsubishi Corporation Foundation for the Americas Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.