The Next Generation – Southern Delaware Grant
Delaware Community Foundation
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Jun 15, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Capital Project, Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Delaware: Kent County, Sussex County
Location of residency: DelawareView website Save Need help writing this grant?
What is Next Gen South of the Delaware Community Foundation?
The Next Gen South is a philanthropic organization that was created and is directed by young professionals living and working in Kent and Sussex Counties. Next Gen South utilizes many of the Delaware Community Foundation’s resources, but members have established their own structure to raise funds and support the community. Next Gen South’s charitable fund was organized in 2012 and awarded its first round of grants in 2013. Since its inception, Next Gen South has awarded more than $75,000 in support of initiatives that address underlying social challenges faced by the most vulnerable Delawareans in Kent and Sussex Counties. The focus of the organization changes periodically based on the needs of the communities they serve.
Next Gen South is currently raising money to support programs for addiction, substance abuse, and family services and programs including, but not limited to, treatment services, addiction prevention and education, mental health services, and to support families who have experienced addiction. The merits and execution of each program will determine grant selection.
What is the policy of Next Gen South in making grants?
Proposals for competitive grants are considered on the basis of how they address addiction and enhance the quality of life for Delawareans. Next Gen South is particularly interested in proactive, preventative and future-thinking proposals. Next Gen South’s Grants Committee oversees all grant decisions, subject to the approval of Next Gen South Board and the DCF Board of Directors.
What we support. . .
Next Gen South supports programs addressing addiction within our local community including, but not limited to, treatment services, addiction prevention and education, mental health services, and to support families who have experienced addiction. All applications that meet Next Gen South’s guidelines are thoroughly reviewed by the Committee. Because Next Gen South receives more grant requests than it is able to support, non-profit organizations are encouraged to seek funding from multiple sources for a particular program or project.
We are interested in initiatives that. . .
- Demonstrate vision, effectiveness, good management and action for positive change.
- Encourage collaboration between agencies and reduce duplication of services.
- Leverage funds from other sources.
- Create a sense of community through neighborhood involvement and outreach.
- Include an evaluation component.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Only non-profit organizations within the state of Delaware that have a 501(c)(3) designation by the Internal Revenue Service are eligible to apply.
- Agencies receiving Next Gen South grants must serve the state of Delaware and its residents without discrimination based on race, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin or sexual orientation.
- What we do not support. . .
- Debt reduction.
- Religious organizations for sectarian purposes.
- Annual fundraising campaigns or general operating expenses.
- Projects completed before the date of grant approval by the Next Gen South membership
- Sports clubs or leagues.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Next Generation – Southern Delaware Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.