The Norco Economic Development Foundation (NEDF) Grant
Greater New Orleans Foundation
Grant amount: US $10,000 - US $50,000
Deadline: Mar 23, 2019
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: St. Charles Parish, Louisiana
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Norco Economic Development Foundation (NEDF)
The Norco Economic Development Foundation (NEDF) was formed as a result of a five million dollar gift to the Norco community by Shell and Motiva. Its purpose is to maintain a community-based organization that supports the future community/economic development needs of Norco and St. Charles Parish.
To address social and economic issues at the local level in a manner that increases the capacity of the community. The NEDF provides leadership and vision in identifying community needs and in creating sustainable solutions to meet those needs.
Grants can range from $10,000 to $50,000 and on rare occasion up to $100,000.
The goals of the NEDF are:
- Increased success and competitiveness of Norco-based business
- Increased prosperity and enhanced quality of life for all Norco residents
Funding will be considered based on the following priorities:
- Priority One – Small Business Development/New Job Creation: Support will be given for business development, i.e., training and technical assistance.
- Priority Two –Workforce Development/Training: Target needed programs that strengthen the local workforce.
- Priority Three – Quality of Life (i.e., Health, Land Use, Infrastructure, Senior Citizens): Expanding access to services and resources that enhance the quality of life for Norco residents.
- Priority Four – Youth Opportunity (i.e., Youth Participation/Youth Job Related Activities): Youth community involvement, youth-adult partnerships, youth leadership and youth empowerment activities all beneficially conspire to make young people participants in the life of the community rather than merely spectators or recipients of services.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Fund will only consider grants for charitable purposes to nonprofit organizations that serve the Norco community and its residents.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the The Norco Economic Development Foundation (NEDF) Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.