The Oregon Parks Foundation Fund
Oregon Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $5,000
Deadline: Feb 15, 2020 11:59pm PST
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Oregon
Location of residency: OregonView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Oregon Parks Foundation Fund
The Oregon Parks Foundation Fund of OCF was created in 2009 by the Oregon Parks Foundation (OPF). This fund supports the acquisition, preservation and restoration of Oregon's native landscape, as well as environmental, recreational and educational improvements to public parks throughout Oregon.
The OPF Fund invites proposals from nonprofits and public agencies at the community, district, county and regional level. Grant recommendations are made to the OCF board by an advisory committee created by OPF. Grants disbursed by the OPF Fund generally range from $1,000 to $5,000. Larger grants may occasionally be considered for unique or special projects.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Oregon Parks Foundation Fund seeks requests for funding that support the acquisition of natural parks and outdoor recreational and educational opportunities within parks.
- The following types of expenses will be considered:
- Land protection and acquisition.
- Habitat restoration.
- Enhancing the outdoor experience (e.g., trail construction and interpretive signage).
- Park-related ecological education programs.
- Competitive proposals should demonstrate one or more of the following qualities:
- Strong connection to parks and/or publicly accessible and undeveloped native land.
- Strong park-related educational component for youth and/or adults.
- Promotes connectivity (land acquisition and trail projects).
- Strong community-based support (e.g., participation from other donors; volunteers; in-kind donations; collaboration with other agency partners, school districts, etc.).
- Provides park opportunities and access for underserved communities (e.g., low-income, minority and rural populations).
- A grant from OPF will clearly make a difference (e.g., close the funding gap or leverage other sources of support).
- The committee accepts applications from private, tax-exempt nonprofits and public agencies within the state of Oregon, with a preference for smaller community-based organizations.
- Organizations with a demonstrated track record in planning and implementing park-related projects will also receive preference.
- The OPF Fund does not make grants for the following types of activities or expenses:
- Projects based outside Oregon.
- Requests for operating support—including ongoing administrative and program expenses—unless a compelling case can be made that OPF support will strengthen or stabilize the organization and/or programs in a clear way.
- Large capital projects where a $1,000 to $5,000 grant would have a lesser impact.
- One-time excursion activities.
- Deficit financing and debt retirement.
- Recreational facilities such as fencing, soccer fields, swimming pool construction, ball field lighting, sewer and water systems, landscaping or maintenance.
- Projects likely to be long delayed.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Oregon Parks Foundation Fund by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.