The Pettus Foundation Grants
St. Louis Community Foundation
Grant amount: US $10,000 - US $25,000
Next deadline: Sep 7, 2018 3:00pm PDT (Letter of inquiry)
Later deadlines: Jan 12, 2019 3:00pm PST (Letter of inquiry), May 4, 2019 3:00pm PDT (Letter of inquiry)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, Capital Project, General Operating Expense, Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Missouri: St. Louis County, St. Louis city
Location of residency: Counties in Missouri: St. Louis County, St. Louis cityView website Save Need help writing this grant?
In 2015, with the untimely death of Mr. James Finch III, the Community Foundation accepted the honor and privilege of working for the Trustees of the Pettus Foundation to continue to ensure that the philanthropic wishes of Mr. Pettus live on in the St. Louis Region.
The Foundation’s giving occurs in three ways:
- St. Louis, where Mr. Pettus Jr. was born and went to school with funding for education of children at risk (with a focus on public education) and job training (helping those who are receivers of society become producers/tax payers to society).
- Hawaii, where Mr. Pettus Jr. lived in his later years primarily funding early childhood education and human services.
- Hawaii gives to preselected organizations and does not accept applications for grants.
- Plus, each of the seven children of James T. Pettus Jr. (family advisors) has an allocated amount to give to charities of their choice both domestically and internationally.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- St. Louis accepts Letters of Intent for education of children at risk and job training.
- The Pettus Foundation will consider, from time to time and on a case by case basis, applications from excellent charter schools which demonstrate outstanding academic results and sound financial planning.
- However, public charter schools are not a focus of the Foundation.
- The trustees especially favor applications that demonstrate multiple funding partners and match or challenge grant opportunities.
- The trustees seek to leverage the Foundation’s assets to strengthen Saint Louis non-profits working toward the foundation’s goals.
- The Pettus Foundation does not consider grant applications requesting funds for computer technology.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Pettus Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.