The Physiological Society Travel Grants
The Physiological SocietySuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £700
Next anticipated deadline: Oct 30, 2019
Later anticipated deadlines: Nov 30, 2019, Jan 31, 2020, Feb 28, 2020, Mar 31, 2020, Apr 30, 2020, May 31, 2020, Jun 30, 2020, Jul 31, 2020, Aug 31, 2020, Sep 30, 2020
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Conference
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United KingdomView website Save Need help writing this grant?
NOTE: You are asked to submit your application at least one month, but no more than six months, before you wish to travel (please note that there is no deadline in December).
As part of The Physiological Society's aim to 'promote the advancement of physiology' we provide travel grants to enable physiologists to network and attend conferences. The amount of funding available is relative to the type of membership you hold, with £700 available for Members, £500 for Affiliates and £100 for Undergraduate Members per rolling year.
Travel grants are awarded to enable Members, Affiliates and Undergraduates to:
- Attend and present at a scientific conference
- Visit another laboratory for collaborative research or to acquire/teach new techniques
- Attend a practical workshop or training course that is relevant to physiology
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are awarded to current Members, Affiliates or Undergraduate Members of The Society.
- The reason for your travel should be linked to The Society's objective of 'promoting the advancement of physiology'.
- You will need to provide documentation to support the fact that you need to attend a meeting, workshop or laboratory.
- Undergraduate Members are allowed to apply for a travel grant to attend a Society or Society-sponsored event or techniques workshop only.
- If you are an Affiliate Member and applying for a travel grant to a non-Society meeting, you are asked to be an Affiliate Member of The Society for more than one year's standing (which can include any Undergraduate membership) OR have previously presented at a Society Meeting.
- Affiliate and Undergraduate Members may be asked to provide a letter of support from a supervisor or Head of Department, if this is required you will be contacted once your application is being reviewed.
- Members are not required to submit a letter of support.
- However, applicants are requested to submit a brief statement summarising the reason for attendance.
- Travel grants should be used for the purpose of travel.
- A sample of Members will be contacted on a random basis to account for monies received.
- Please ensure you retain receipts for one calendar year.
- Unused travel grants must be returned to The Society for the benefit of other physiologists.
- Not returning unspent funds may result in future applications being rejected.
- Recipients are required to include The Society logo on their posters or presentations.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Grants are awarded to current Members, Affiliates or Undergraduate Members of The Society.
- We are unable to pay the travel grant into a bank account that does not belong to the applicant.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Physiological Society Travel Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.