The Portage Foundation Grants
The Portage Foundation
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Next anticipated deadline: Feb 15, 2019 1:00pm PST
Later anticipated deadlines: Aug 15, 2019 1:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, General Operating Expense, Biomedical, Behavioral
Location of project: Portage County, Ohio
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Portage Foundation Grants
Our mission is to acquire, manage, and dispense charitable assets for the benefit of Portage County citizens. We are organized as a tax exempt, public charity and are governed by a Board of Trustees comprised of energetic, professional, and talented volunteers.
Areas of Focus
The Portage Foundation funds projects in six areas of focus.
- Arts and Culture
- Education - Education related issues from pre-school through higher education, as well as vocation education, adult/continuing education, enrichment and literacy. Not for specific individuals.
- Economic Development
- Environment - Issues affecting the quality of the environment and natural resources.
- Health - Health related issues such as promotion of wellness, medical research, care, treatment as well as public health programs, substance abuse and mental health, but not for a specific individual.
- Human Services - Social Service programs such as child care, senior citizen centers, volunteer type agencies, children’s homes, food banks and emergency relief, but not for a specific individual.
The Portage Foundation Grants improve life for all residents of Portage County, and a wide variety of programs and services are supported.
What we do fund:
- The Foundation’s grant-making priorities: Arts and Culture, Economic Development, Education, Environment, Health and Human Services
- Funding requests that align with the goals of our endowed fund holders
- One time grants for special projects
- Seed money for start-up endeavors
- Community projects that are collaborative and sustainable
- Operations (limited funds available)
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Portage Foundation provides funding to non-profit organizations of all sizes, including projects stemming from fundamental grassroots efforts.
- A copy of the organization’s current IRS determination letter (or the fiscal agent’s) indicating 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status is required.
- What we don’t fund:
- Direct financial support to individuals
- Political candidates or campaigns
- Advocacy for a particular religion or religious cause
- Newly established nonprofit organizations that duplicate existing services, unless need is proven
- Curriculum for schools
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Portage Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.