International Exchanges: Standard Programme Scheme
The Royal SocietySuggest an update
Grant amount: £3,000 - £13,000
Next deadline: Mar 13, 2019 8:00am PDT
Later deadlines: May 30, 2019 7:00am PDT, Oct 2, 2019 7:00am PDT
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty Working Professional
Funding uses: Conference, Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United Kingdom
Degree requirements: Applicants must have a completed PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The International Exchanges Scheme is designed to offer a flexible platform for UK based scientists to interact with the best scientists around the world. Funds for a contribution towards travel, subsistence and research expenses can be requested for either a one-off short visit to explore opportunities for building lasting networks or for bilateral visits to strengthen emerging collaborations. This scheme is not intended to support continued research activities between a UK applicant and a co-applicant who was a former colleague or PhD student or to support other existing or recent collaborations between the applicant and co-applicant. Rather, the scheme is intended to stimulate new collaborations between scientists in the UK and overseas.
All activities must be on a subject within the natural sciences, including: physics, chemistry, mathematics, computer science, engineering, agricultural, biological and medical research, geography and experimental psychology.
Duration of funding
Awards are available for either up to 3 months, 1 year or 2 years.
The funding available is dependent upon the length of the visit. Applicants may request:
- up to £3,000 for one-off travel lasting up to 3 months.
- up to £6,000 for multiple visits to be completed within 1 year (including a maximum of £1,000 for research expenses).
- up to £12,000 for multiple visits to be completed within 2 years (including a maximum of £2,000 for research expenses).
The Royal Society - Royal Society of Chemistry International Exchanges Award
Applications are encouraged for 2-year projects in the field of Chemistry from UK based scientists collaborating with researchers in Sub-Saharan Africa (excluding South-Africa). Up to £12,000 will be available for travel and subsistence including a maximum of £2,000 for research expenses.
Royal Society – Yusuf Hamied Foundation International Exchanges Award
Thanks to the support of the Yusuf and Farida Hamied Foundation, additional grants for collaborations with researchers in India are available through the Royal Society – Yusuf Hamied Foundation International Exchanges Award. Up to £12,000 is available for a 2 year project for travel and subsistence including a maximum of £2,000 for research expenses. Applications must be made through the Standard Programme.
The International Exchanges scheme accepts applications for collaborations with all countries outside of the UK.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must have a PhD or equivalent research experience and hold a permanent or fixed-term contract in an eligible university or research institute, which must span the duration of the project.
- Collaborations should be based on a single project involving (or lead by) “the applicant” (UK based scientist) and “the co-applicant” (overseas based scientist).
- For further details please refer to the ‘Eligibility details’ in the scheme guidance notes.
- It is not intended to support continued research between a UK applicant and co-applicant who was a former colleague or PhD student or to support other existing or recent collaborations between the applicant and co-applicant.
- The Royal Society does not cover social science, clinical or patient-oriented research.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the International Exchanges: Standard Programme Scheme by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.