SCAR Antarctic Research Fellowship
The Scientific Committee of Antarctic Research
Grant amount: Up to US $15,000
Anticipated deadline: Jul 1, 2018
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher PhD Student
Funding uses: Fellowship
Location of project: Antarctica
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Must travel to: Argentina; Australia; Austria; Belgium; Brazil; Bulgaria; Canada; Chile; China; Colombia; Czech Republic; Denmark; Ecuador; Finland; France; Germany; India; Iran, Islamic Republic Of; Italy; Japan; Korea, Republic of; Malaysia; Monaco; Netherlands; New Zealand; Norway; Pakistan; Peru; Poland; Portugal; Romania; Russian Federation; South Africa; Spain; Sweden; Switzerland; Thailand; Turkey; Ukraine; United Kingdom; United States; Uruguay; Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic of Expand all
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within 5 years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research (SCAR) Fellowship
SCAR is a body of the International Council for Science (ICSU) and is the leading independent organisation for facilitating and coordinating Antarctic research, and for identifying issues emerging from greater scientific understanding of the region that should be brought to the attention of policy makers. Its major objective is to initiate, develop, and co-ordinate high-quality international scientific research in the Antarctic and Southern Ocean region, and on the role of the Antarctic region in the Earth system. It works closely with other organisations with a polar interest.
The SCAR Fellowship Programme is designed to encourage the active involvement of early‐career
scientists, engineers, social scientists and humanities researchers in Antarctic research, and to
build new connections and further strengthen international capacity and cooperation in
The SCAR Fellowships are intended to allow researchers to undertake short-term visits to major international laboratories, field facilities, and/or institutes in or operated by SCAR member countries, so as to become acquainted with recent advances in research and/or to develop long-term links and partnerships. The work must be carried out in a research group of a SCAR member country different from that of the (i) applicant's origin and (ii) current residence.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- PhD students, or those within five years of having completed a PhD.
- Must be an early-career researchers, scientists, engineers and other professional.
- Must be undertaking research at major international laboratories, field facilities, and/or institutes in or operated by SCAR member countries, so as to become acquainted with recent advances in research and/or to develop long-term scientific links and partnerships.
- The work must be carried out in a research group of a SCAR member country different from that of the applicant's origin and current residence.
- Eligible expenses include economy-class round trip travel and a modest subsistence allowance for the fellowship period.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the SCAR Antarctic Research Fellowship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.