The Spirit of Adventure Award
The Captain Scott SocietySuggest an update
Deadline: Mar 31, 2021
Grant amount: Up to £2,000
Fields of work: Adventure Travel & Expeditions
Applicant type: Individuals, Organizations
Funding uses: Conference, Project / Program
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Must travel to: United KingdomView website Save
The Award is usually presented at the Society's Annual Dinner to which the successful applicant (or representative of a Group) is invited as a guest of the Society. The Dinner is always held on the 13th June.
It is a condition of the Award that the successful applicant(s) gives a presentation to the Society on completion of the attempt. This normally takes place at the Society's Annual General Meeting during April or May of each year.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- This is awarded to the individual or Group that best exemplifies Captain Scott's 'Spirit of Adventure'
- In particular, the Society is looking for adventurous 'firsts'.
- These could include the scaling of unclimbed peaks, navigational firsts, sporting firsts or expeditionary firsts of any kind.
- Applicants should also take into account the scientific objectives of Scott's expeditions.
- Applications are accepted from anywhere in the world, but you must give a post-award report and presentation in Cardiff, Wales.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”