The Spirit of Adventure Award
The Captain Scott Society
Grant amount: Up to £2,000
Anticipated deadline: Mar 31, 2018
Applicant type: Individuals Organizations
Funding uses: Conference, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Must travel to: United KingdomView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Award is usually presented at the Society's Annual Dinner to which the successful applicant (or representative of a Group) is invited as a guest of the Society. The Dinner is always held on the 13th June.
It is a condition of the Award that the successful applicant(s) gives a presentation to the Society on completion of the attempt. This normally takes place at the Society's Annual General Meeting during April or May of each year.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- This is awarded to the individual or Group that best exemplifies Captain Scott's 'Spirit of Adventure'
- In particular, the Society is looking for adventurous 'firsts'.
- These could include the scaling of unclimbed peaks, navigational firsts, sporting firsts or expeditionary firsts of any kind.
- Applicants should also take into account the scientific objectives of Scott's expeditions.
- Applications are accepted from anywhere in the world, but you must give a post-award report and presentation in Cardiff, Wales.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Spirit of Adventure Award by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.