The Wetland Foundation: Field Travel Grant (Type 2)
The Wetland FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $600
Anticipated deadline: Dec 18, 2019 3:00pm PST
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Conference
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Wetland Foundation was initiated in 2008 by Drs. Karen L. McKee and Irving A. Mendelssohn. Following 40-year careers as wetland scientists, McKee and Mendelssohn began formulating a plan to leave a legacy that would support wetland education and research. Their goal was to establish a foundation and trust fund that would provide financial support and guidance to students of wetland science.
Together, they have published more than 200 scientific articles, technical reports, and book chapters on various aspects of wetlands. During their careers as teachers and scientists, they trained more than 70 graduate and undergraduate students and postdoctoral scientists, providing advice, financial support, and assistance in finding jobs in wetland science and related areas.
Through this foundation, they hope to inspire others to follow in their footsteps.
The Wetland Foundation's Field Travel Grant Type 2 is for promising undergraduate students to attend field courses or workshops focused on wetlands.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Any student currently enrolled full-time at an academic institution in the USA.
- International students are eligible if they are attending a university in the USA.
- It is the policy of The Wetland Foundation to support only direct costs, that is, those costs directly attributable to the award activities.
- The Foundation's indirect cost policy allows them to meet their charitable purpose to provide students with the maximum funds possible to directly support their travel expenses.
- The Foundation do not warrant application of the usual indirect costs (facilities costs, utilities, communications, executive oversight, accounting, legal expenses, technology support, human resources, shared resources).
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Wetland Foundation: Field Travel Grant (Type 2) by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.