The Whitehorse Foundation Grants
Seattle FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity College / University Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Snohomish County, Washington
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Whitehorse Foundation was established in 1990 as a supporting organization of Seattle Foundation. The mission of The Whitehorse Foundation is to fund organizations working to improve the quality of life for residents of Snohomish County, Washington. The Foundation focuses on programs that address prevention of problems and community challenges rather than later interventions.
In particular, it funds comprehensive services that respond to the full range of child, youth and family needs. The Foundation seeks funding requests for programs and projects that:
- Strengthen families’ capacity to support, nurture and guide their children
- Promote responsive parenting to improve children’s emotional, economic and social well-being
- Help families acquire the knowledge and skills to be self-sufficient
- Involve families and residents in program design, development and management
- Are responsive to cultural, gender, ability and racial differences
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are made to nonprofit organizations for project support or ongoing operating support.
- Preference is also given to funding requests for programs and projects that include other sources of funding and have strong community support.
- The Foundation is interested in programs in the early stages of development, which convey an achievable funding plan (demonstrating strong community commitment) or a compelling impact.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Whitehorse Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.