The Women's Fund of Central Ohio: Immediate Impact Grants
The Women's Fund of Central OhioSuggest an update
Predicted deadline: Sep 28, 2021 2:00pm PDT (Letter of inquiry)
Grant amount: US $500 - US $1,500
Fields of work: Women & Girl Services Disaster Relief / Humanitarian Aid
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Counties in Ohio: Delaware County, Fairfield County, Franklin County, Licking County, Madison County, Pickaway County, Union County Show all
Location of residency: United States
Gender restriction: FemaleView website Save
About this funder:
Immediate Impact Grants
Women, and particularly women of color, have faced unique and disproportionate challenges due to the COVID-19 global pandemic. Serving as frontline workers and caregivers, suffering the majority of job losses, dealing with inadequate childcare supports, lacking paid leave benefits, as well as lacking the necessary wealth and savings to weather an economic crisis has left women under and unsupported.
The Women’s Fund knows that grassroots, community-led initiatives are often the most critical during times of crisis because they are responsive, nimble, and effective at serving immediate needs. However, knowing that traditional funding systems often leave these smaller programs out of the funding pipeline, we are launching an immediate impact grantmaking response to serve the organizations on the frontlines of the COVID-19 crisis across central Ohio.
The Types of Initiatives We Will Support
As you consider applying for an immediate impact grant, consider this: If you had seed money for an innovative way to meet immediate needs, what could you do?
We are seeking to fund initiatives that both support women and girls most overwhelmed by the crisis and promote social change, with particular attention to investing in initiatives that are created, run by, and informed by the those most impacted. Here are some general examples to help you imagine your impact:
- Creating food and supply baskets to drop off to women or girls in need, and including program materials to foster leadership development, economic empowerment, or civic engagement.
- Securing tablets, Wi-Fi, or hot spots to allow for women or girls to participate in existing programming.
- Paying for printing and postage costs to send materials to program participants, or to advocate for the on-the-ground services that are needed in your community.
- Promoting creative youth-led leadership initiatives.
- Developing community needs mapping at a grassroots level to better connect people to services and supplies.
- Providing funding for gas for volunteers to deliver program materials.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Women’s Fund makes grants to programs and/or initiatives that serve women and girls in the central Ohio counties of Delaware, Fairfield, Franklin, Licking, Madison, Pickaway, and Union.
- All programs must align with one or more of our strategic priorities, directly or indirectly.
- All programs must have a gender lens and address gender norms.
- All funds must be distributed through nonprofit organizations federally determined as 501(c)(3) entities.
- Applicants without 501(c)(3) status may engage a fiscal agent to administer their grant funds.
- The Women’s Fund will consider support for operating costs and will support new and innovative as well as established programs and initiatives.
- Funds may not be used for:
- Organizations that do not provide a respectful atmosphere for people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, questioning, transgender, intersex, or asexual.
- Organizations that seek to restrict reproductive rights.
- Programs that promote religious activities and/or beliefs.
- Political campaigns or promotion of candidates for public office.
- Advancement of capital or endowment campaigns.
- Event sponsorship.
- Scholarships that fund individual students.
- Co-educational programs that do not clearly communicate a specific and unique focus on women and girls.