Theodore Gordon Flyfishers: Founders Fund Scholarship
Theodore Gordon Flyfishers, IncSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $3,500
Deadline: Apr 13, 2020
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Vermont
Minimum GPA: 3.0View website Save
About this funder:
Theodore Gordon Flyfishers Inc.
The Theodore Gordon Flyfishers, Inc. is a not for profit angling organization, founded on American fly fishing traditions, promoting stream and river protection and self-sustainable salmonid populations through conservation, environmental oversight, activism, catch-and-release practices, and education. TGF was founded in 1963 by a group of farsighted men who saw a great need to bring about an organization of sportsmen who would use their collective voice and resources to protect and conserve cold-water fisheries and riparian habitat in the greater Tri-State area of New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and more recently Connecticut. The twenty-one founding members of TGF, many of whom are famous in their own right, were dedicated fly fishers and conservationists.
Founders Fund Scholarship
The Theodore Gordon Flyfishers, Inc. and the Environmental Consortium of Colleges & Universities are pleased to announce the Theodore Gordon Flyfishers, Inc. Founders Fund Scholarship. This merit scholarship is offered annually, in the name of the TGF founders, to a single recipient who has demonstrated excellence and outstanding dedication in an area of study that falls within an environmental field of a school or department.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- This scholarship is available to:
- Undergraduate students who will have Senior standing as of the upcoming Fall, who will be enrolled, and who will continue to be enrolled during the award year (upcoming academic year), in a full-time four-year undergraduate degree at a member institution of the Environmental Consortium.
- [Students apply for the scholarship in their Junior year.]
- Graduate students entering 1st or 2nd year as of the upcoming Fall, who will be enrolled, and who will continue to be enrolled during the award year (upcoming academic year), in a full-time graduate degree program at a member institution of the Environmental Consortium.
- The eligible applicant’s major shall be in an area of environmental studies such as, but not limited to, ecology, hydrology, conservation biology, natural resource management, zoology, or environmental law and policy.
- Based on a 4.0 scale, the applicant shall demonstrate merit with a current 3.5 GPA in the environmental concentration courses and an overall minimum 3.0 GPA.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the odore Gordon Flyfishers: Founders Fund Scholarship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.