Thomas Davies Research Grant for Marine, Soil and Plant Biology
Australian Academy of ScienceSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $20,000
Anticipated deadline: May 31, 2020 4:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Unaffiliated Researcher Faculty Working Professional Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Location of citizenship: Australia
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within 15 years of receiving their PhDView website Save
The Thomas Davies Research Grant for Marine, Soil and Plant Biology is funded through a generous philanthropic bequest from the estate of the late Thomas Lewis Davies to the Australian Academy of Science.
The Fund offers annual Science Grants of up to $20,000 each to Early-and Mid-Career Researchers in the field of Marine, Soil and Plant Biology.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are given to Early-and Mid-Career Researchers in the field of Marine, Soil and Plant Biology. For this grant Early-and Mid-Career Researchers are classified as scientists with up to 15 years post PhD experience.
- Exemptions for career interruptions may be sought from the Academy.
- Reasons for exemption can include (but may not be limited to) illness, birth of a child or carer requirements.
- To apply for an exemption, please include a short explanation stating the grounds for why an exemption is being sought and how long your research career was interrupted.
- Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents.
- Funding may be used towards the costs of research assistant salaries, equipment and other costs not covered from other sources.
- Funding may not cover bench fees, managerial, insurance or visa costs.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Thomas Davies Research Grant for Marine, Soil and Plant Biology by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.