ESA Thomas Say Award
Entomological Society of America (ESA)
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Jun 1, 2018
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty Unaffiliated Researcher Working Professional
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
This ESA award acknowledges significant and outstanding work in the fields of insect systematics, morphology, or evolution. "Insect" is defined here to include insect allies. This award consists of a plaque and cash award based on the interest earned from the Thomas Say Award endowment. The recipient is presented with the award at the ESA Annual Meeting.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The nomination is based on a published work (either single-author or first-author work) considered to be significant and outstanding in one or more of the fields of insect systematics, morphology, or evolution.
- Nominee must either be North American, or the publication must focus on New World insects and allies.
- Any candidate nominated, but not selected, may be renominated no more than two times within the two-year period after his/her initial submission.
- Re-nomination packages will be retained for two years by the awards administrator.
- You cannot nominate a candidate if they have already been nominated (but not selected) two or more times with the two-year period after his/her initial submission.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the ESA Thomas Say Award by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.