Thornton S., Jr. and Katrina D. Glide Foundation Grant
T.S. & K.D. Glide FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $50,000
Deadline: Aug 15, 2020 11:59pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Capital Project
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: Preferred: California Other eligible locations: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
Thornton ("Tawny") S. Glide, Jr. and his wife, Katrina ("Scatter") Dangberg Glide, were long-time residents of the T.S. Glide Ranch in Yolo County, California. They owned and operated farms and ranches in and about Northern California. Their interests were horses and other animals, farming, preserving open spaces, and civic endeavors.
Upon their respective deaths in July 1995, they established the Thornton S. Glide, Jr. and Katrina D. Glide Foundation, a perpetual California charitable trust. Its purpose is to provide benefits for qualified organizations committed to animal protection organizations, other land and wildlife conservancy groups, agricultural purposes, preservation of land in its natural state, and opera, symphony, and other similar civic organizations.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants may be made only to tax-exempt organizations under Section 501(c)(3) or 170(c) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Grants will normally be made only for or toward acquisition of specific capital items.
- Normally an organization must have been in existence for at least two years prior to application for the grant and have achieved a record of effective service.
- Grants will be made only in support of the following service purposes in order of priority:
- to animal protection organizations such as the Humane Society, the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, and rescue organizations.
- to other land and wildlife conservancy groups.
- to organizations committed to agricultural purposes.
- to the preservation of land in its natural state, including wetlands.
- to opera, symphony, and other similar civic organizations.
- California based organizations will take priority over out of state organizations.
- The Foundation generally will not make grants from discretionary funds for:
- Programs or organizations focused primarily on a sport.
- Direct aid to individuals or for scholarships.
- Support of operational costs. such as administrative costs. general overhead, taxes. or interest payments. for retirement of debt, or for costs of capital items already acquired or implemented.
- Expenses incurred in performance of program services.
- Inﬂuencing legislation or elections.
- General educational institutions or sectarian religious organizations at any level.
- This does not, however, preclude consideration of requests from educational institutions and sectarian religious.
- None shall be made to Private
Foundations under Section 509(a) of the Code.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Thornton S., Jr. and Katrina D. Glide Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.