THV Explore Awards
New York State Hudson River Valley GreenwaySuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: Counties in New York: Albany County, Columbia County, Dutchess County, Greene County, Orange County, Putnam County, Rensselaer County, Rockland County, Saratoga County, Ulster County, Westchester County Show all
Location of residency: Counties in New York: Albany County, Columbia County, Dutchess County, Greene County, Orange County, Putnam County, Rensselaer County, Rockland County, Saratoga County, Ulster County, Westchester County Show allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Launched in 2003, TEACHING THE HUDSON VALLEY (THV) helps educators discover, appreciate, and share the region’s natural, historic, and cultural treasures with children and youth. THV fosters collaboration among schools, museums, parks, historic sites, art galleries, libraries, and other groups.
- Create opportunities for students to explore the history, environment, and culture of the Hudson River Valley by connecting their studies to significant places.
- Encourage students’ appreciation for and stewardship of their communities and cultures.
- Connect teachers with site educators and place-based learning.
Applications must be submitted at least six weeks before your proposed trip.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- K-12 public and private schools, not-for-profit after-school or summer programs, and qualified places hosting classes or youth groups in Albany, Columbia, Dutchess, Greene, Orange, Putnam, Rensselaer, Rockland, Saratoga, Ulster, or Westchester counties may submit applications.
- Places that qualify:
- Sites with cultural, historic, and/or natural significance and missions that embrace education, interpretation, or preservation are eligible.
- Places must be owned or managed by a not-for-profit or government body and be open to the public regularly.
- Significant sites include but are not limited to archives, art galleries and museums, parks, libraries, museums, nature preserves, and other historic or heritage sites.
- Performances are considered if they promote appreciation for or stewardship of the region.
- Performances simply held in historic buildings do not qualify; program content must be related to the purpose of Explore Awards.
- Explore Awards require a dollar for dollar match.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the THV Explore Awards by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.