Tier 2 Grants
Rasmuson FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: More than US $25,000
Applicant type: Government Entity Indigenous Group Nonprofit
Funding uses: Capital Project
Location of project: Alaska
Location of residency: AlaskaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Rasmuson Foundation works to promote a better life for Alaskans.
Tier 2 Grants
Grants of more than $25,000 for large capital (building) projects, projects of demonstrable strategic importance or innovative nature that address issues of broad community or statewide significance.
Tier 2 grants may also support technology updates and creative works that comply with the description above. The project must demonstrate long-term benefits or impacts, and be initiated by an established organization(s) with a history of accomplishment.
The Foundation is rarely the first, the largest or the only contributor to any Tier 2 project. The Foundation expects the community in which the project is located will provide significant financial support.
The Foundation will consider requests for major capital projects when the following have been demonstrated:
- Strong, committed local cash support is in place
- The board and key staff have supported the project financially
- The site has been secured and permits are in place
- Plans have been completed
- A budget has been developed
- A fundraising plan is in place, if applicable
- Government funding has been requested and/or committed, if that funding reflects a significant portion of the project budget
- Applicant is able to demonstrate that the project is sustainable
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Foundation accepts proposals from high-performing, Alaska-Based 501(c)(3) Organizations classified as “not a private foundation” under section 509(a) of the tax code.
- Tribes and Cities are eligible to request support for projects that provide broad community benefits such as a library, health care facility and cultural center.
- In most cases an organization will have successfully applied for at least one Tier 1 before considering a Tier 2 request.
- Applications are evaluated on criteria including but not limited to:
- the organization’s track record, fiscal and management capacity, an active board and experienced staff, sources of financial support, and the project’s benefit to the organization and the community it serves.
- The Foundation places a priority on organizations in which all board members contribute financially.
- Rasmuson Foundation generally does not support:
- projects associated with core government functions such as roads, utilities, and public safety;
- in general, K-12 education;
- general operations, administrative, indirect, or overhead costs;
- deficits or debt reduction;
- fund-raising events or sponsorships; reimbursement for items already purchased.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Tier 2 Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.