Timken Company Charitable and Educational Fund Grant Program
Timken Company Charitable & Educational FundSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $500 - US $10,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Orange County, California, Counties in Illinois: DuPage County, Peoria County, Oakland County, Michigan, Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, Stark County, Ohio, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, Dallas County, Texas Show all
Location of residency: Orange County, California, Counties in Illinois: DuPage County, Peoria County, Oakland County, Michigan, Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, Stark County, Ohio, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, Dallas County, Texas Show allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Timken Company engineers, manufactures and markets bearings, gear drives, belts, chain, couplings, lubrication systems and related products, and offers a spectrum of powertrain rebuild and repair services. As the leading authority on tapered roller bearings, we apply our deep knowledge of metallurgy, tribology and mechanical systems to improve the reliability and efficiency of equipment, machinery and vehicles worldwide. With more than 15,000 employees operating from 33 countries, our associates and our products keep industry in motion and make the world more productive.
Mission, Vision and Values
Timken is a world-leading manufacturer of bearings and mechanical power transmission products, continuously improving its portfolio and related services to make global industries stronger.
We use our knowledge to make the world’s industries work better.
Be the global leader in bearings and mechanical power transmission, continually improving performance, reliability and efficiency.
- Ethics & Integrity
We passionately believe in:
- Treating people with respect
- The power of innovation
- Growing as individuals and as a company
- Making the world a better place through our products and actions
- Continuous improvement
Whenever and wherever you interact with Timken, our core values and commitment to corporate citizenship guide everything we say and do.
Contributing to Our World
We focus our efforts on always moving forward, with a bias for action that reflects our values and expertise. Our results show in the practical ways we contribute to the development, health and safety of communities around the world.
Timken continues its rich tradition of supporting global communities where we operate through volunteerism, community leadership and financial support. To make the biggest impact possible, we focus our philanthropic efforts on the following three key areas:
We promote lifelong learning through our Timken Scholarship Program and by collaborating with leading engineering schools and local Junior Achievement efforts.
Economic Development / Community
We enhance quality of life wherever we live and work. Our associates donate thousands of volunteer hours supporting personal charities and company-sponsored events as well as fulfilling community leadership roles.
Human Services / Basic Needs
We foster community health and well-being in collaboration with leading global and local organizations, including Habitat for Humanity, the United Way and regional food banks.
Timken Fund Grant Program
The Timken Company Charitable and Educational Fund, Inc. (“The Timken Fund”) Grant Program provides funds to approved charitable organizations. Requests are granted based on the non-profit organization’s ability to meet the charitable giving criteria, as well as availability of charitable funds. We support 501(c)(3) public charities or equivalents that are supporting programs in the United States. Grant requests for support outside of the United States will be directed to the local Timken management team.
Areas of Giving
The Timken Fund supports programs that can deliver measurable results for sustainable improvements in the communities in which Timken and its wholly-owned subsidiaries operate. We invest in organizations that demonstrate a proven track record in addressing key community needs in three areas of giving:
- Basic Needs- a limited number of requests are considered in this area, as our primary channel for Basic Needs funding is through United Way contributions.
- Community Development
*We will consider a limited number of requests from community basic needs organizations since our primary support for this focus area is through contributions to United Way.
Grants are generally allocated in the range of $500 -$10,000. Grant requests for more than $10,000 must be preapproved by The Timken Fund Board of Trustees.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible recipient organizations for this Program are United States tax-exempt public charities described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, are also described in Section 509(a)(1) or (a)(2) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Preference is given to organizations that provide the broadest community outcomes aligned with our focus areas.
- Funding Exclusions
- Organizations without 501(c)(3) status
- Political candidates, campaigns or organizations
- Religious organizations, programs operated by religious organizations for religious purposes, or faith-based organizations for sectarian purposes
- Groups organized and operate outside of the U.S.
- Tax-supported entities, such as schools, police and fire departments, municipalities, etc.
- Organizations in violation of Timken ethics and/or company policies (i.e., conflict of interest with Timken business interests)
- Organizations that discriminate based on religion, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation
- Fraternal or alumni organizations
- Capital campaigns and endowments
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Timken Company Charitable and Educational Fund Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.