TN Farmers Market Promotion Retail Grant Program
Tennessee Department of AgricultureSuggest an update
Anticipated deadline: Dec 1, 2020
Grant amount: Up to US $750
Fields of work: Food Delivery & Distribution Services
Applicant type: Nonprofit, Indigenous Group, Government Entity
Funding uses: Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Tennessee
Location of residency: TennesseeView website Save
Farmers Market Promotion Retail Grant Program
The purpose of the Farmers Market Promotion Program is to increase income to Tennessee farmers by providing assistance for the promotion, marketing, and/or improvement of farmers markets in communities throughout Tennessee.
- Grants are available to qualified farmers markets in amounts up to $750.
- Funding is limited.
- Funds are to be used for activities such as advertising, social media promotions, collateral material development, participation in the Pick TN Conference, or membership in the Tennessee Association of Farmers Markets (TAFM), etc.
- Records of expenditures for these activities should be maintained for 5 years for verification purposes.
The Tennessee Department of Agriculture is providing this opportunity through the Tennessee Agricultural Enhancement Program (TAEP). TAEP is a result of the State of Tennessee’s commitment to supporting farm development and Tennessee’s agricultural community.
Grant funds are available to qualified farmers markets for promotion and certain retail activities. A qualified farmers market will have several farmer-producers selling their own agricultural products (fruits, vegetables, meat, fish, poultry, dairy products, and grains) directly to the general public at a fixed venue and time. Additional factors include established market bylaws, guidelines and management plan. Grants are not available to individuals. Funding is limited and grant requests are competitive.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- A qualified farmers market must:
- Be listed on the Tennessee Department of Agriculture’s Pick Tennessee Products website – PickTnProducts.org.
- Verify their online listing at PickTnProducts.org is correct.
- Operate at a designated location and at a fixed time.
- Have five (5) or more farmer producers selling their own agricultural products direct to the consumer.
- Ensure farmers market activities meet all state and local building, food safety, and regulatory requirements.
- Have an organized structure (board) or be connected to a local public entity.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”